+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worked Full Time before applying PGWP.

345uygur

Jan 6, 2020
Yep. One of my friends is also in the same boat. I can imagine some of us make this mistake. Do let me know what happens with your case. I wish you good luck! :)
I also found out about this rule recently while I was preparing to apply for PR. I was panicking, to say the least. I submitted a letter declaring this unauthorized work and apologizing for the mistake. My application is currently in progress so I can't really tell you the outcome yet.....but don't lose hope! Make sure you start counting your work experience only from the day you applied for your PGWP (do NOT include your work experience before Feb 07 when calculating your work experience for EE) and I highly recommend declaring your unauthorized work when you submit your PR application. Best of luck!!!

Last edited:

venindian

Oct 15, 2016
I also found out about this rule recently while I was preparing to apply for PR. I was panicking, to say the least. I submitted a letter declaring this unauthorized work and apologizing for the mistake. My application is currently in progress so I can't really tell you the outcome yet.....but don't lose hope! Make sure you start counting your work experience only from the day you applied for your PGWP (do NOT include your work experience before Feb 07) and I highly recommend declaring your unauthorized work when you submit your PR application. Best of luck!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience here.. It helps. All the best!!

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
I would save up as much money as I can and get ready to leave because there is no future for you here. Hopefully they will give you voluntary departure. Start looking at other countries. Good luck.
Please be kind in your responses. There have been many cases of people being allowed to stay and given PR. Have a search through the forums and you'll find the same question asked many times - often with the response that if you own up to your mistakes, immigration officers are more lenient. At the end of the day, it is a minor mistake (unlike criminal charges, drunk driving etc.).

People in this position are already stressed and anxious - we're looking for support and helpful advice, not negativity.

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
I also found out about this rule recently while I was preparing to apply for PR. I was panicking, to say the least. I submitted a letter declaring this unauthorized work and apologizing for the mistake. My application is currently in progress so I can't really tell you the outcome yet.....but don't lose hope! Make sure you start counting your work experience only from the day you applied for your PGWP (do NOT include your work experience before Feb 07 when calculating your work experience for EE) and I highly recommend declaring your unauthorized work when you submit your PR application. Best of luck!!!
That's what I was told also - just explain yourself, apologise for your mistake, promise to not do it again. It's unfair for one small incident to completely throw out your future (especially when we've paid so much for schooling here!) and Canadian's are known to be kind. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: venindian

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
I highly doubt is was a "mistake". Just do a google search and you will find several instances of IRCC asking students to leave who have worked illegally.
It was a genuine mistake for myself and for many others. We're not rubbing our hands together trying to sneak our way into work permits etc. There are some who hide information on purpose etc. but no one would willingly go out of their way to jeopardise their future.

Reactions: venindian

venindian

Oct 15, 2016
That's what I was told also - just explain yourself, apologise for your mistake, promise to not do it again. It's unfair for one small incident to completely throw out your future (especially when we've paid so much for schooling here!) and Canadian's are known to be kind. Best of luck!
Thanks for the guidance and understanding my situation. It was a genuine mistake from my end. I thought I am allowed to work full time before I receive my transcript. Also, as soon as I received the transcript from my college via mail, I applied for the pgwp without any delay.

Reactions: nancystr

nancystr

May 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
10-16-2019
AOR Received.
10-16-2019
Med's Done....
11-12-2019
You would be surprised the number of people who try to game the system under the guise of making a "mistake" and get caught. IRCC will never see this as a mistake. Like I said good luck
Well, thank you for your good luck - I received my PR. Must have been from your well wishes. :)

Best of luck to everyone else!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Well, thank you for your good luck - I received my PR. Must have been from your well wishes. :)
Best of luck to everyone else!
Ignore the haters. If you take a look at his comment history you'll know he has nothing better to do but talk trash.
And congrats

vik2595

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2019
Nomination.....
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
12-05-2020
Hi brother ,

What's your application status.

I've same issue,

I've started my work on 10th may 2018, and
I got my graduation letter on May 27th 2018, and
I applied work permit on May 28th 2018.

I've worked 2 weeks for full time before applying for PG because i'd my NOC B job on my hand before graduation. If i didn't accept then i would be my loss.

I'm filing my CEC application now .

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020