+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worked for a Company which has closed down. How will CIC verify?

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Hello All

Need one suggestion. I am going to submit an experience letter from a company which later shut down its business long after i left the company. So i am a bit concerned that in case CIC tries to verify my calling/emailing the company, they will not get any response. What should I do in this case? I have the email conversation with the HR officer of the company when I requested the experience letter and she replied on my same email with the experience letter. I can attach this email with a cover letter to explain this.

Any useful suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Faheem

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Faheem,

This happens all the time. I would write a convincing explanation [in the explanation letter] telling them that the company has closed in [month, year] along with all proof, HR communication, website, paystubs, or whatever else you can (maybe your LinkedIn profile where your experience is endorsed by colleagues/supervisors etc) so they know you that your experience is genuine. If the HR officer who sent you the letter is kind enough to allow you to provide his/her name and contact information in case they correspond, that would be wonderful. If not, your chances aren't very slim anyway. Good luck!