+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORKED after graduation and before PGWP.

MakwinTalks

Jul 26, 2019
Hey guys!
I took over a part time job in Feb and actually started work in June, My confirmation of graduation was dated 1st May!
I wasn't aware of the fact that working was illegal after graduation and before application of the PGWP and worked about two shifts until I was informed of such.
I applied for my post graduate work permit immediately and proceeded to mention that I made an error on the application and that I infact had worked illegally, is there any way to know the likelihood of the application getting accepted/rejected?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
On the one hand, it's not an excuse to say "I didn't know". You worked without valid status, you can't claim ignorance of the rules and expect that to absolve you of responsibility.

On the other IRCC is known to be somewhat lenient in these cases and young students are given some leeway.

It's impossible to say what your chances are since it depends on the entirety of your application and your profile - things like which school you went to, what program you completed, your grades, how old you are, any previous immigration issues etc.

If this is the first time you've ever had an issue, and you are relatively young, yes, you have a chance of getting the work permit. No one can say exactly how much of a chance.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You should update this thread after you get a decision so others can benefit from the information.