Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Hi all,

I have an outland application.
Been missing the hubby and I am wondering if its feasible to apply for a work visa. Maybe i will get through faster with a work visa instead of waiting long and longer for the permanent residence to come through.

So do you think i can apply for a work visa with a PR already in process?

Any specific requirements to get a work visa? eg do you need to have a job waiting on you?

And do you think if i apply for sure it will further slow down the pr spousal application.
thanks ;)

I

iarblue

You must have a job already to come for and your boss needs to prove it.And with an outland app in place its very unlikely.Or the FSW you must meet the job requirements of that list to apply.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Whats FSW?

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
link to check?i have a degree/ masters and 7 years experience.

I

iarblue

check the website under the FSW category it will list the jobs.

I

iarblue

instead of going into the family class when you sign in go to the skilled worker forum they will help you with that more.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
I

iarblue

There are a lot of requirements for this ,funds,medicals,etc.SO i know your missing him why not just try for a visit visa.You can get it you just need to know how and have proof that you will go home.Its not always a give in that you will get one but people have.

I

iarblue

Read camps line on this discussion on the visit visa how she got it. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-my-wife-get-a-visitor´s-visa-we-live-in-colombia-and-i´m-canadian-t49559.0.html

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
iarblue said:
There are a lot of requirements for this ,funds,medicals,etc.SO i know your missing him why not just try for a visit visa.You can get it you just need to know how and have proof that you will go home.Its not always a give in that you will get one but people have.
well funds are good and medical is good too. i have a visitor visa but i don't wanna go for an extended period and not be able to work as i would get very bored :9 and i would also lose my good paying job at home and be a financial burden on my hubby (he is working and going to school).

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
iarblue said:
Read camps line on this discussion on the visit visa how she got it. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-my-wife-get-a-visitor´s-visa-we-live-in-colombia-and-i´m-canadian-t49559.0.html
thanks! btw how did you get so much negative karma! you give some good advice and i passed on some good karma to you just now!

btw i checked the link and its not found :(

I

iarblue

LOL bad karma is mostly given because you dont give the answers some think they want to hear,some want a certain answer to make their problem go away.When they dont get it they give you bad karma.And some people have nothing better to do.I dont pay attention to it.I had 98 when i came on first tonight asked for 2 more to make it a hundread 5 minutes later it was 100,now im shooting for 200.I dont care what it says there is people on here that has not even given advice but asked a question and got bad karma.
Anyway if the site didnt work go onto canada immigration website and check the FSW or work permit and it tells you all that is required.