+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa under process and got ITA

naina03

Oct 3, 2016
Hi,

My husband had got a job offer(ICT) for Canada from his current employer in India. So, a closed work permit for him and an open one for me are applied for. The applications are submitted and we might get the visas this month or the next.

In the meantime, we were trying for PR also and finally got the ITA in the latest draw. Just wanted to understand:

- if these two processes (i.e visa and PR) are completely independent of each other?
- Anything we should take care of while submitting our PR application? We had said 'No' to the job offer in our cic profile for PR as were not sure if we should say yes to it because of so many conditions on it.
- We have already done our medicals for the work visa, can the same be used for PR purpose?

Any response for this case would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi,

My husband had got a job offer(ICT) for Canada from his current employer in India. So, a closed work permit for him and an open one for me are applied for. The applications are submitted and we might get the visas this month or the next.

In the meantime, we were trying for PR also and finally got the ITA in the latest draw. Just wanted to understand:

- if these two processes (i.e visa and PR) are completely independent of each other?
- Anything we should take care of while submitting our PR application? We had said 'No' to the job offer in our cic profile for PR as were not sure if we should say yes to it because of so many conditions on it.
- We have already done our medicals for the work visa, can the same be used for PR purpose?

Any response for this case would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Hi, is there any update for your questions. I do have similar situation, would like to know these details.