+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Visa Took 9 Weeks and Counting

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
I live in London, United Kingdom. I got a job offer in Vancouver and the company obtained a LMIA for me last December. Then they applied for a work visa for me on the 13th of December. Up until today I haven't heard anything about the visa, even though on CIC website, they say a work visa application from London takes about 3 weeks to be processod.

Is this normal? Why is it taking so long? Or is it just that CIC statistics are very inaccurate?

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that I have an Iraqi passport?

It is also worth mentioning that the LMIA application for me took (roughly) 12-13 weeks, from mid-September to mid-December, even though I heard it takes about 6-8 weeks (so almost double the estimated time).

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
I realised I mistakenly used the "Moving to Canada from the U.S." part of the forum, so re-posted under "Temporary Entry to Canada".

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
there is no set time, i applied twice first decision took 12 weeks for the paper application and second 1 week online application. Sorry do not want to demotivate you but both were negative. :(

rafidka

Feb 11, 2017
Thanks @vimgill for your reply. Where did you apply from? Did they say whey the application were refused? I thought if you have obtained an LMIA application (which proves your expertise is needed), and your application is complete, there is no reason to refuse it.

vimgill

Dec 15, 2016
Yeah, LMIA was there, everything good but my live in caregiver certificate had no transcript. they said my education not genuine. actually my consultant sent me to this institution he misguided me and i ended up having refusal.

other thing my sister was my employer which didn't work..