+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa steps and processing time

ajay reddy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I recently got open work permit and my PR application is in progress. So mean while if I want to go to my home country, I was told I should apply for work visa. So I want to know how can I apply for a work visa and most importantly how many days will it take to get the visa after applying.
Am also under confusion whether to apply work visa or not because I gave PR medicals 1 month back which I am passed and am expecting I will get copr confirmation in another month or so if am not wrong. So rather than applying for work visa, should I wait for Copr to come and go to home country directly?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Your post is confusing given in one sentence you say you have an open work permit and in next sentence you say you need to apply for a work visa. What exactly are you trying to say, are you saying you do not have a current TRV to travel to/back from your home country ?

Femioye2

Dec 19, 2019
I want a work visa to Canada I am from Nigeria but Canada is my dreamland how can I do it because I don't want to be scam

ajay reddy

Aug 5, 2015
Your post is confusing given in one sentence you say you have an open work permit and in next sentence you say you need to apply for a work visa. What exactly are you trying to say, are you saying you do not have a current TRV to travel to/back from your home country ?
Sorry for confusing. What I meant by not having work visa means I do not have a current TRV to travel back and forth from home country as you said.
I want to know how many days will it take to get the TRV after applying and how can I apply for it?

Also as I mentioned in my first post, I gave medicals(passed) for my PR application which is in progress and it has been a month since I gave it. So how many More days it might take to get COPR? Because if it takes less days then I will not apply for TRV and rather I will take COPR with 1time visit visa to go to my home country and in return I can do landing in Canada.

Last edited: