+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa - spouse application

Sunny1

Oct 21, 2008
I am in canada on a low skilled work visa. Intially when I made my application for a work permit, I forgot to include my spouse in the application. i would now want my spouse to join me in Canada and i intend to make an 'open work visa' application. can you advise if i can do this and also do i need a job offer letter for my spouse for his application? Please advise me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can not get an open work visa for your spouse if you are on a low skilled permit, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/work-faq08.asp

Instead you can try to find her a job offer so she can get her own work permit. Good luck

D

djssaini

I don' think there is any age limit to get the job offer, but your spouse might have to get LMO if the job is in Low Skilled category, and in most of the High Skilled categories. For certain high skilled jobs particularly in IT e.g. Computer Programmer, you won't need LMO.

Sunny1

Oct 21, 2008
Many thanks again for the reply. Just a final question:

My spouse will have to be in la ow skillled category, therefore have to get a LMO but I am worried about the age. Can you please provide me the link (offical government website) which states clearly that age is not a barrier?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find eligibility information for work permit here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp but it doesn't mention anything about age. If you want to make sure, you can call CIC at 1 888 242‑2100, just go through the first couple of menus and then press 0 to get an operator.

Sunny1

Oct 21, 2008
If I get my spouse to check at the nearest Canadian High Commission, will they be able to give the same repsonse as CIC or do I have to contact CIC here.