+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa question

SukhmaniKaur23

Apr 14, 2020
Hello,

I received my work permit and then sent my passport for visa stamping. When I received my passport, I got study visa in return. I have to urgently travel India, so I wanted to ask if I can travel with what I have? I raised a web form 3 weeks ago and didn't get any reply yet, I even called IRCC and they told me it was a mistake from there end, and they also mentioned that I can travel with without any issues. Please advise what are your thoughts?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But how are they fixing the problem? If you leave the country, you will not be able to enter on a study permit.

SukhmaniKaur23

Apr 14, 2020
But how are they fixing the problem? If you leave the country, you will not be able to enter on a study permit.
Yes I know, I am not sure why they sent me study visa instead. When I called IRCC they said you can travel since the visa is multiple entry and it was a mistake from their end. They havent responsed to my web form as well since 3 weeks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But how will your re-enter with only a TRV? Do you have a spouse that is PR? My personal opinion but you are taking a chance right now leaving with only a TRV and a study permit.

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hello,

I received my work permit and then sent my passport for visa stamping. When I received my passport, I got study visa in return. I have to urgently travel India, so I wanted to ask if I can travel with what I have? I raised a web form 3 weeks ago and didn't get any reply yet, I even called IRCC and they told me it was a mistake from there end, and they also mentioned that I can travel with without any issues. Please advise what are your thoughts?
Basically a Visa is a Visa as long as it is valid. You shouldn't experience any problem in Canada since its their mistake but I think you should consider your home country. During departure does your home country airport check your permit alongside your visa? If yes, it may be a problem trying to explain why you have two different documents. If they don't bother, then its fine. But bear in mind that the processing time for anything you want to do outside Canada is way too long so if your travel isn't urgent you should try to rectify the mistake before you leave.

SukhmaniKaur23

Apr 14, 2020
Basically a Visa is a Visa as long as it is valid. You shouldn't experience any problem in Canada since its their mistake but I think you should consider your home country. During departure does your home country airport check your permit alongside your visa? If yes, it may be a problem trying to explain why you have two different documents. If they don't bother, then its fine. But bear in mind that the processing time for anything you want to do outside Canada is way too long so if your travel isn't urgent you should try to rectify the mistake before you leave.
Unfortunately I don't have enough time. I have to travel due to some urgent issue. :(

co2020

May 31, 2020
Unfortunately I don't have enough time. I have to travel due to some urgent issue. :(
Your options:
You can apply for an amendment of your visa now. The current processing time is one month but you need to submit your passport. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Or

Apply for a new TRV before you leave Canada and include a letter of explanation. That way you will get a response in 42 days as opposed to your countries 154 days. You can send your passport to CIC through courier when it is requested.

Millgu

Jul 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have got a job which is exempted from the LMIA i.e. Charity and religious work.
I have got done my bio-metrics and medical in January 2021.
Can anyone guide what is the next step in the process?
If I get work permit under LMIA exempt category and I work for more than a year in ON, will I be considered as an experienced class category for PR?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have got a job which is exempted from the LMIA i.e. Charity and religious work.
I have got done my bio-metrics and medical in January 2021.
Can anyone guide what is the next step in the process?
If I get work permit under LMIA exempt category and I work for more than a year in ON, will I be considered as an experienced class category for PR?
Assume you applied for a closed work permit so you wait for a decision. If your NOC is in a 0,A or B position it will count for Canadian experience.