+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Visa or permant of residents application which is best and quicker??

smurf4t

May 11, 2007
Hi i want to know what people suggest

Should one apply for a work visa then a permant resident visa .
We want to leave South Africa as soon as possible and get to Canada even if it means we dont have our permant resident visa yet . We just want to live there and make some money untill our permant residancy comes through and we can buy a business and a house instead of waisting our savings on living expences.

Any suggestion pls leave me links as to were i can down load appropriate documents !!!

Thanks
Tanja

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smurf4t said:
Hi i want to know what people suggest

Should one apply for a work visa then a permant resident visa .
We want to leave South Africa as soon as possible and get to Canada even if it means we dont have our permant resident visa yet . We just want to live there and make some money untill our permant residancy comes through and we can buy a business and a house instead of waisting our savings on living expences.

Any suggestion pls leave me links as to were i can down load appropriate documents !!!

Thanks
Tanja
1, To get a work permit, first you must have a job offer that the employer has obtained a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC. The LMO if given shows that the employer has advertised extensively in Canada for the position and was unable to find a Canadian or PR for the position and that the working conditions and salary are of the norm for the area. Also your skills must meet the job description. There are some jobs considered under pressure which have a shorter advertising time frame. You may wish to read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html about the process.