+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa medical restrictions

Allakas

Jul 6, 2020
Hello,
So I have an open work visa but it has the medical restrictions on it. And I live in Canada. I need to get them removed and I’m not sure how. I’ve hear many options. Either go to the border and they issue you a new one or send an online application ( but then some say to only apply on paper) or send a paper one. But I’m afraid that could take like 4 months. how long will it take if I apply on paper?
thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
So I have an open work visa but it has the medical restrictions on it. And I live in Canada. I need to get them removed and I’m not sure how. I’ve hear many options. Either go to the border and they issue you a new one or send an online application ( but then some say to only apply on paper) or send a paper one. But I’m afraid that could take like 4 months. how long will it take if I apply on paper?
thanks in advance!
Unfortunately you cannot go to the border at this time. Due to COVID-19, these processes have been suspended and are not being offered at the POE.

You will either need to send a paper application or apply online. I don't know which is faster - hopefully someone else can comment on that.

I assume you've already completed the medical exam to allow the restriction to be removed.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You didnt check the box about working kn medical field? Don't apply on paper, no one wants to work with paper docs during a pandemic.

Allakas

Jul 6, 2020
You didnt check the box about working kn medical field? Don't apply on paper, no one wants to work with paper docs during a pandemic.
Hello!
No I haven’t,
And I’m not sure if I’m on the right track because when I go to apply for a work permit do I click on “apply for a new one” or there is an option to “extend your visa or change condition for international experience Canada” and on this one it says I can only apply on paper. But I’m not sure what the international experience Canada is?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hello!
No I haven’t,
And I’m not sure if I’m on the right track because when I go to apply for a work permit do I click on “apply for a new one” or there is an option to “extend your visa or change condition for international experience Canada” and on this one it says I can only apply on paper. But I’m not sure what the international experience Canada is?
You need to amend your work permit. See
If you’re already in Canada

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=844&top=4

Allakas

Jul 6, 2020
Hello,
Thank you so much for your help. Do you know how long it takes for the new work visa to arrive,
Thanks.