+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work visa length of graduated from a second degree

hli

Jun 21, 2019
I m currently enrolled in a 3 years program(90 credit hours) as my second degree in Canada. I got my first degree in the U.S. and I got 60 credit hours transferred here. my question is after I completed the left 30 credit hours, what is the length of the work visa I could get? 3 years? or 1 year?

someone said the length of the work visa is not only related to the program length but also related to the actual credit hour you study in Canada.
Is that true?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I m currently enrolled in a 3 years program(90 credit hours) as my second degree in Canada. I got my first degree in the U.S. and I got 60 credit hours transferred here. my question is after I completed the left 30 credit hours, what is the length of the work visa I could get? 3 years? or 1 year?

someone said the length of the work visa is not only related to the program length but also related to the actual credit hour you study in Canada.
Is that true?
In the case where you used transfer credits from abroad yes that is likely true. It is quite an unusual situation to have significant transfer credits from abroad while seeking PGWP so you are unlikely to find lots of examples.

Reactions: gupt07ash