+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa in India

chandradeep

Jun 22, 2023
Hello forum,

I am awaiting my work permit that I apply from Canada. As per the processing time on portal, it is expected to be received by December 10, 2023. However, I have to visit India in the month of December, so planning to apply for Canadian visa from India. Any idea how long it takes to get the visa stamped from India if I already have the work permit. Any suggestions appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello forum,

I am awaiting my work permit that I apply from Canada. As per the processing time on portal, it is expected to be received by December 10, 2023. However, I have to visit India in the month of December, so planning to apply for Canadian visa from India. Any idea how long it takes to get the visa stamped from India if I already have the work permit. Any suggestions appreciated.
Posted processing times online are just estimated averages and often are not correct. The estimated average processing times are only meant to give people an approximate timeline and shouldn’t be used as an exact timeframe. Applying for a new TRV can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

chandradeep

Jun 22, 2023
Posted processing times online are just estimated averages and often are not correct. The estimated average processing times are only meant to give people an approximate timeline and shouldn’t be used as an exact timeframe. Applying for a new TRV can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
Thanks for replying. I am not worried about the work permit, as this is something I can get it couriered to me if I am not in Canada. I am concerned about time required to get visa stamped on passport. I know the easiest way would be to apply for the same from Canada as I am already here, however, I may have to go back to India, so was wondering how long it usually takes to get visa from India?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying. I am not worried about the work permit, as this is something I can get it couriered to me if I am not in Canada. I am concerned about time required to get visa stamped on passport. I know the easiest way would be to apply for the same from Canada as I am already here, however, I may have to go back to India, so was wondering how long it usually takes to get visa from India?
Not sure what you plan on getting couriered to you but that isn’t necessary. If your TRV is expiring soon you should apply from wherever you are. You can ask for stamping in India if it gets approved while you are there. There is not set amount of time for processing for either location. It can take months so would apply with a good buffer time if you think you may need to travel close to the expiry date of your TRV.