+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work visa and health

ClaudiaV

Nov 22, 2020
Hello, I’m applying to a work visa with already a job offer with a registered number. I wonder if my current health situation (hemodialysis) may affect the approval of the work visa. Any input??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I’m applying to a work visa with already a job offer with a registered number. I wonder if my current health situation (hemodialysis) may affect the approval of the work visa. Any input??
Yes it likely will. Unfortunately there is a good chance of denial. There is also a good chance that a PR application would be denied.

ClaudiaV

Nov 22, 2020
Yes it likely will. Unfortunately there is a good chance of denial. There is also a good chance that a PR application would be denied.
Thank you for your feedback!, I’m applying for a work visa but not yet PR, this will be temporary resident visa as far as I now at first.. does the employer offer letter with registered number within the application helps in some way???

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your feedback!, I’m applying for a work visa but not yet PR, this will be temporary resident visa as far as I now at first.. does the employer offer letter with registered number within the application helps in some way???
No an employment letter doesn't help. The cost of your care is what it will come down to. There is a set amount for PR which is under 100k in 5 yrs but for a WP there isn't a set amount and you could be denied for a lower cost. Dialysis is one of the top reasons people are denied.

ClaudiaV

Nov 22, 2020
No an employment letter doesn't help. The cost of your care is what it will come down to. There is a set amount for PR which is under 100k in 5 yrs but for a WP there isn't a set amount and you could be denied for a lower cost. Dialysis is one of the top reasons people are denied.

ClaudiaV

Nov 22, 2020
I got the Procedural Fairness Letter, regarding this … inadmissibility due to excessive demand on health services, is there any chance to revert this with an answer to this letter?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got the Procedural Fairness Letter, regarding this … inadmissibility due to excessive demand on health services, is there any chance to revert this with an answer to this letter?
The PFL indicates that IRCC plans to refuse your application.

To try to change this decision, you need to prove that the annual cost of your health care in Canada will be under $20K. If you are on hemodialysis, then it's going to be very difficult to do this. You should hire a good Canadian immigration lawyer to help you to respond to the PFL.