+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work sponsor before Spouse sponsor?

jvid32

Apr 14, 2016
My partner and I are applying for the Spouse visa in about a year, but will be entering Canada 6 months before that for him to work/me to snowboard. I was thinking abput, if its possible, to look for a job that could sponsor me at that time - so that I can work while our visa is in process, or at least til then.
just wondering if this is an option or would mess with our spouse visa.
I have been in Canada on a working holiday and as a tourist before.

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So you have not said what status your spouse has is he a citizen or a PR or what that allows him to work ? Fact you have been to Canada on IEC and as tourist not really that relevant for a spouse visa.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jvid32 said:
if its possible, to look for a job that could sponsor me at that time - so that I can work while our visa is in process, or at least til then.
You can look for a job but don't count on getting one. To hire you, an employer must be willing to go through the LMIA process; it costs $1000 and the employer must meet strict requirements.

Applying for a work permit would have no effect on a sponsorship app.

jvid32

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks for the replyz . I know its difficult, just wondering if I do end up getting the work to sponsor me sometime between february-july could I still apply for the spouse visa as well in july?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jvid32 said:
Thanks for the replyz . I know its difficult, just wondering if I do end up getting the work to sponsor me sometime between february-july could I still apply for the spouse visa as well in july?
As I said, it would have no effect.

Are you waiting to become common-law to apply for PR?

foreignEx

Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2014
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Interview........
14-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-07-2016
jvid32 said:
My partner and I are applying for the Spouse visa in about a year, but will be entering Canada 6 months before that for him to work/me to snowboard. I was thinking abput, if its possible, to look for a job that could sponsor me at that time - so that I can work while our visa is in process, or at least til then.
I have been in Canada on a working holiday and as a tourist before.

Thanks
If you are married to him, why not just apply for Sponsorship? In applying for it, you can send an application together with it for an open work permit at the same time/application. Open work permit allows you to work more jobs than applying for a work permit which you may not likely to get from an employer. I was foreign worker with work permit.

jvid32

Apr 14, 2016
I am not married to him, we only just got joined bank acc and a place together so have to wait for another 11 months to apply for common law and PR. Wanting to do the quicker application (cant remember if its in or outland?) where you cant apply for a work permit, since it sounds like its way quicker for that one to go through.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who knows what the system will look like a year from now (when you're ready to apply). Hopefully, they'll be processing applications substantially faster than they are today.