+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permits for Start-Up Visa applicants taking too long

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Hello @teejax,
I too applied for a work permit under startup visa on July 30, 2019.
I did not find the Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program, I guess because I applied from inland (I am on a study permit in Canada )and had different questions set. Anyway, I applied for the Work Permit, but it has been over 2 weeks and my application has not yet started processing.
Any comments on my situation?
When approximately I should expect my work permit?

Thank you
Hi @SBrahma

Good to read from you.

I sent an email to the VAC in my country and the response was a bit generalised.

Therefore, I will submit my application online despite not being the ideal category of work permit. This is guarantee priority processing at least.

I will submit a cover letter along with my application stating that I am an SUV applicant.

If you submitted a paper application then the processing time cannot be guaranteed.

Regards.

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Hello @teejax,
I too applied for a work permit under startup visa on July 30, 2019.
I did not find the Foreign Worker - International Mobility Program, I guess because I applied from inland (I am on a study permit in Canada )and had different questions set. Anyway, I applied for the Work Permit, but it has been over 2 weeks and my application has not yet started processing.
Any comments on my situation?
When approximately I should expect my work permit?

Thank you
Did you apply online?

If yes, it should take about 2 weeks to process.

pintuthakkar

Apr 22, 2015
Hi friends. Can you please guide me for Startup visa?
These are my details - 18 years of work experience, Graphic Design, Married, 1 kid, 40 years. Sister in Canada & citizen

I have some questions.
1 - Should we have partners or we can apply alone?
2- It will be based on Idea, but we have to invest anything?
3 - How to connect with VCs and Investors in Canada?
4 - Step by Step process? Fill the form & then?

Please guide me. It will be a great help.

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
and yes I applied online
and it seems they haven't even started processing my application
Have you received a notification that your application has been received online?

If yes, how long ago?

If no, log into CIC portal and check your messages.

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Hi friends. Can you please guide me for Startup visa?
These are my details - 18 years of work experience, Graphic Design, Married, 1 kid, 40 years. Sister in Canada & citizen

I have some questions.
1 - Should we have partners or we can apply alone?
2- It will be based on Idea, but we have to invest anything?
3 - How to connect with VCs and Investors in Canada?
4 - Step by Step process? Fill the form & then?

Please guide me. It will be a great help.
Hi,

It is advisable that your startup is already running with substantial revenue before considering SUV.

Most of the investors and incubators want to see thriving and dependable business.

Read more about SUV here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/about.html

List of Designated Organizations: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html

All the best!

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
Dear Friends,

I applied for work permit as Start-Up Visa applicant, many days ago.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html

Under international mobility program and eligibility for 2 weeks (10 working days) processing, Its still under process

anyone has same situation?

Please advise How much time it usually takes

Thanks,
Hi surjit88,

I am also going to apply for a work permit under SUV program. Would you like to share update about your case? i will be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks.

sheidmirj

Sep 26, 2020
Hi surjit88,

I am also going to apply for a work permit under SUV program. Would you like to share update about your case? i will be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks.

Hi Sadi
I am also applying for work permit under startup visa program. Are you applying online? I am having difficulties with the personal checklist the website gave me. it is requesting these information which I believe does not apply to SUV applicants.
1. Employer reference letter
2. Letter from current employer
3. employment records
4. employment contact
5. Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered

Did you face the same issue?

sheidmirj

Sep 26, 2020
Dear Friends,

I applied for work permit as Start-Up Visa applicant, many days ago.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/work-permits.html

Under international mobility program and eligibility for 2 weeks (10 working days) processing, Its still under process

anyone has same situation?

Please advise How much time it usually takes

Thanks,
Hi Surjit,
I am also applying for work permit under startup visa program. Are you applying online? I am having difficulties with the personal checklist the website gave me. it is requesting these information which I believe does not apply to SUV applicants.
3. employment records
4. employment contact

sadi21

Nov 7, 2017
Hi Sadi
3. employment records
4. employment contact

Yes i face the same issue.
I contacted one consultant and he says that i was looking at the wrong work permit application. It is for candidates with a confirmed job offer from Canada. There is another application particularly for SUV work permit as per him, but he didn't told me which application it was and where to find it.

Now i have prepared PR application only. Because, even if you get SUV work permit, you cannot enter Canada for the next 6 months due to COVID-19.

Mecheh

Nov 2, 2020
Hi ,
I have got Letter of Support by SUV program. Is it possible to travel to Canada via work permit during Covid19?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

teejax

Aug 2, 2019
Just to inform you all that I received PPR early November 2020 and I landed in Canada as Permanent Resident late January 2021.

I am currently rounding up my quarantine and I intend continuing my tech business here in Canada.

All the best everyone.

PS: My AOR is October 2019

Reactions: skv1978