+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi
I am wondering if someone can help me with my situation. I have my open work permit that states unless authorized l must not attend any educational institution or do professional courses etc...l only discovered this after l have been engaged in a 3year apprenticeship program with my work place. I have only done 2semesters and now l am thinking of stopping and dropping this program due to this fact. And also because l am about to apply for permanent residence l am afraid it might get rejected once they find out about my registration to my apprenticeship program. Does anybody have an advice on this situation??

Thank you
What is the nature of this apprenticeship? If this was a part of your work, I don't think you have violated the conditions of your work permit.

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
What is the nature of this apprenticeship? If this was a part of your work, I don't think you have violated the conditions of your work permit.
Yeah that's what l was thinking too but now l have had a friend telling me not to take the risk and l don't know what to do....it's basically courses they offer in the organization l work for. This program is to be rewarded with a diploma upon completion.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah that's what l was thinking too but now l have had a friend telling me not to take the risk and l don't know what to do....it's basically courses they offer in the organization l work for. This program is to be rewarded with a diploma upon completion.
I think you'll need to talk to a lawyer/consultant to get a correct answer because we can't really say without knowing the details of the program. Don't post that kind of personal info on the internet.