+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

AnnaSet

Mar 29, 2018
Hi everyone
How long it takes to get a work permit usually?
I’ve been waiting for almost 2 months now and still nothing.
I’ve tryed to call IRCC but no chance to talk with them,always they say that they have high numbers of calls.

Sameerabutt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi everyone
I’ve tryed to call IRCC but no chance to talk with them,always they say that they have high numbers of calls.
2-3 months usually

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Are you a refugee claimant?
Hi everyone

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
I applied on June,2018
I did my medical exam on July and then I applied for work permit.And it’s been almost 2 months and still I didn’t received it,I think something is missing or idk.
Did you apply for your PR yet?

AnnaSet

Mar 29, 2018
Did you apply for your PR yet?
I think you are missunderstanding me.I still don’t have a hearing date and I’m not expecting to get till next year or something,that means that I can’t apply for PR till my decision is made .I’m refugee claimant.And I just applied for work permit and was wondering how long it takes to get it because it’s been almost 2 months waiting for it.
Thanks

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
I think you are missunderstanding me.I still don’t have a hearing date and I’m not expecting to get till next year or something,that means that I can’t apply for PR till my decision is made .I’m refugee claimant.And I just applied for work permit and was wondering how long it takes to get it because it’s been almost 2 months waiting for it.
Thanks
I got my point. Which province did you apply from?

has1966

Sep 10, 2018
the same here the system saying 6 weeks to issue the work permit but now also i keep waiting 2 months and not receive any .i would like to ask other question .if someone want to withdrawn his application due to this long time of hearing schedule and then PR application and then bring his family means minimum 3 -5 years and want to go back to his home country what is the arrangements any consequences

AnnaSet

Mar 29, 2018
the same here the system saying 6 weeks to issue the work permit but now also i keep waiting 2 months and not receive any .i would like to ask other question .if someone want to withdrawn his application due to this long time of hearing schedule and then PR application and then bring his family means minimum 3 -5 years and want to go back to his home country what is the arrangements any consequences
I have no idea.
Just I think that is easiest part to do,just call them and ask or go to the office where did you applied.
I know it’s a long time and I’ve been here for almost 2 years now and for some reasons on June this year l had to apply like a refugee and this waitings are killing me,but in my opinion don’t give up,don’t withdrawn your application.