+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

AhmedE77

Feb 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I have few questions and I was wondering if someone can help me answering these questions:

1- If I have a work permit in Canada when can I apply for PR.

2- During my stay in Canada on the work permit, will I be able to enrol my kids in governmental schools (with no fees) or they should go for private schools.

3- Will I be eligible for government health insurance?

Best regards..

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi guys,

I have few questions and I was wondering if someone can help me answering these questions:

1- If I have a work permit in Canada when can I apply for PR.

2- During my stay in Canada on the work permit, will I be able to enrol my kids in governmental schools (with no fees) or they should go for private schools.

3- Will I be eligible for government health insurance?

Best regards..
Hi,

For your 1st question:
It depends upon many factor like your skills,education,provinces where you work and program streams you got your work permit.
If you are low skilled worker NOC C or D then it might be difficult but it is possible in Manitoba,Ontario,British Columbia(North East Development Region).

2nd Question:
Yes as long as you and your kids have valid and legal status in Canada,you can enroll your kids at public school without fees.

3rd Question:
Yes,you are eligible for Provincial Health Care.

Hope this helps!!

AhmedE77

Feb 10, 2018
Hi,

For your 1st question:
It depends upon many factor like your skills,education,provinces where you work and program streams you got your work permit.
If you are low skilled worker NOC C or D then it might be difficult but it is possible in Manitoba,Ontario,British Columbia(North East Development Region).

2nd Question:
Yes as long as you and your kids have valid and legal status in Canada,you can enroll your kids at public school without fees.

3rd Question:
Yes,you are eligible for Provincial Health Care.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks a lot! Very helpful..