+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit

RLaxmi

Feb 18, 2020
Hi Friends,
I have another situation - I have applied work permit from India and in the meantime I fly to Canada thru my spouse dependant visa. After reaching canada, got to know that my earlier work permit application is approved. They have asked to submit my passport for stamping. Can I submit my passport in Canada for stamping ? Is that permissible or will canada immigration is going to cancel my application submitted from India? Please request all to confirm what is best option to proceed.
Thanks
R laxmi

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends,
I have another situation - I have applied work permit from India and in the meantime I fly to Canada thru my spouse dependant visa. After reaching canada, got to know that my earlier work permit application is approved. They have asked to submit my passport for stamping. Can I submit my passport in Canada for stamping ? Is that permissible or will canada immigration is going to cancel my application submitted from India? Please request all to confirm what is best option to proceed.
Thanks
R laxmi
There is no spouse dependent visa it is a normal visitor visa (TRV). Unless you already have one it will be difficult to obtain if your spouse is already in Canada. You can request to submit your passport in Canada.

Liesta

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I wanted to ask . I got a employer specific work permit this month and so on my express entry where it says job offer what do l put?
Do l qualify for any points for having awork permit on lmia?

RLaxmi

Feb 18, 2020
There is no spouse dependent visa it is a normal visitor visa (TRV). Unless you already have one it will be difficult to obtain if your spouse is already in Canada. You can request to submit your passport in Canada.
Thanks 78 for all the earlier responses. I need another advice.
While Re-applying work permit again, I have following question :

Are you of working age, and a dependent of a person who is (or will be):
What will be the answer ? Yes/No.

RLaxmi

Feb 18, 2020
Hi canuck 78, another question below -

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada? (required)
Answer : YES/NO.

Please help. I am confused as my spouse and kid will be accompanying as family member. Their visa application will be combined with my application. So I guess above answer should be NO. But thought to double check with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks 78 for all the earlier responses. I need another advice.
While Re-applying work permit again, I have following question :

Are you of working age, and a dependent of a person who is (or will be):
What will be the answer ? Yes/No.
Don’t know what your spouse does. Is he/she working or studying in Canada? You mentioned that you travelled to Canada on a “dependent visa”. How did you obtain this visa? Is your spouse studying or working in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck 78, another question below -

Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada? (required)
Answer : YES/NO.

Please help. I am confused as my spouse and kid will be accompanying as family member. Their visa application will be combined with my application. So I guess above answer should be NO. But thought to double check with you.
No unless you spouse is a PR or citizen

RLaxmi

Feb 18, 2020
Don’t know what your spouse does. Is he/she working or studying in Canada? You mentioned that you travelled to Canada on a “dependent visa”. How did you obtain this visa? Is your spouse studying or working in Canada?
My spouse works in an IT MNC and has his employer work permit and I have been added their as a dependent visa.
Separately due to my current qualification, I received an work offer letter from a Canada employer.

So I presume above answer should be 'No' as I am not dependent on my spouse job. Please confirm.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My spouse works in an IT MNC and has his employer work permit and I have been added their as a dependent visa.
Separately due to my current qualification, I received an work offer letter from a Canada employer.

So I presume above answer should be 'No' as I am not dependent on my spouse job. Please confirm.
No you are a dependent. You should answer yes.