+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bishow said:
hi
will i get work permit at canada if i choose to do a 2 years diploma course.
1. You can only work on campus for the first 6 months. You can work part time off campus if the school is on the list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp
2. Post Grad Work permit the school must meet the following criteria

" * a public post-secondary institution, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec), or
* a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, and receives at least 50 percent of its financing for its overall operations from government grants (currently only private college-level educational institutions in Quebec qualify), or
* Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees but only if you are enrolled in one of the programs of study leading to a degree as authorized by the province and not in all programs of study offered by the private institution.

PMM

bishow

Jan 3, 2010
thanks for the reply
i would also want to know that if i would be able to work at canada after finishing studies.
Does diploma students gets work permit after the study or should i do a bachlor course??

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the new rules if your program of study is 2 yrs + then you might stay and work in Canada for up to 3 yrs with a postgraduate work permit.

Satvir Singh

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Samrala,Punjab,India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 07,2014
File Transfer...
09 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2014 Wahaguru
Hello,I am going to Canada in Sheridan College in Sept. 2014 generally 2 Year program indicate on Offer Letter but my Study will be end end on April 2016(20 month) + i get 3 months more visa to apply for work permit(Total 23 months). I want to know, what will be length of my work permit ???