+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

jmk

Apr 2, 2012
I am still waiting for my LMO (9 agonizing weeks...so far). I was just wondering, once you get a positive LMO can you get the work permit at the airport when you arrive in Canada?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Are you from a country whose citizens do not need visa to enter Canada?

jmk said:
I am still waiting for my LMO (9 agonizing weeks...so far). I was just wondering, once you get a positive LMO can you get the work permit at the airport when you arrive in Canada?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you have the LMO and your job type does not need medicals (not food/health related industries), then you can obtain your WP at the POE.

jmk said:
Yeah, I'm from Norway so I don't need a visa to enter Canada.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
glassy_ said:
hi
I'm new here!
how did you get an employer?

please share info about this...

thanks
Hi Glassy: you have to spend a lot of time looking for the jobs, preparing your resume along Canadian standards, and following up. Sending out masses of resumes probably isn't going to get you much success. You have to contact the employers directly. If you have friends/family who can help you out that would be huge. Otherwise, go on JobBank and see what is advertised. Jobs have to go there for a minimum of 14 days before they can be offered to non-Canadian/non-PR, etc. It is almost a full time job trying to find a job, but I wish you good luck.

patrick2528

Apr 12, 2012
have a good day for us,I work in saudi arabia now,and i want to apply to canada, if I recieved my LMO where can i apply here in saudi arabia.
thanks.hope you can answer my problem,

patrick2528

Apr 12, 2012
hello Im patrick,my passport is holding my current employer here in saudi arabia, can i mail my application with out my passport?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
OK...here's the real stuff you need to know.....read through these links and search on the Forum (in the white box at the top right of the main forum page.) When you get to the stage of filling out your application, BE SURE to follow the exact instructions in the GUIDE. If they ask for your passport or birth certificate or pay slips, make sure you give them exactly that. If it is absolutely impossible to do something, then include a cover letter to explain exactly what you did to try to provide the necessary documents and supply the best you have. This does not mean it will be accepted, but it may help.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp Good Luck!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
patrick2528 said:
hello Im patrick,my passport is holding my current employer here in saudi arabia, can i mail my application with out my passport?
If you are required to send a copy of your passport pages with the application, then it will be rejected without them as it is incomplete.