+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit while having an Express Entry Profile.....kindly guide me

Paktocanada

Aug 15, 2017
Hi,
Recently I have applied for Express Entry, I think that I don't have satisfactory points for ITA, Kindly guide me can I apply for a work permit after having a express entry profile. I hav an opportunity of getting Work Permit too.

Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
If you want a work permit, look into specifics of how to obtain one. It has nothing to do with your express entry profile

Last edited:

Paktocanada

Aug 15, 2017
thanks, But on the same forum i got one answer as it is......

No - you don't qualify for a work permit just because you've set up an Express Entry profile. You need a job offer and approved LMIA to apply for a work permit.
By scylla
VIP Member
I am confused now. Kindly need clarification.

Paktocanada

Aug 15, 2017
That's how you can get a work permit. "You need a job offer and approved LMIA to apply for a work permit." NOT "because you've set up an Express Entry profile."
okay i am not getting what are you trying to say....
do you mean that after apply in express entry i am not eligible for Work Permit. (employer said me that he would get LMIA then I would apply for the same.

Paktocanada

Aug 15, 2017
Whether you create a profile or not simply has no influence in your ability to obtain a work permit.

Getting LMIA is indeed a way to obtain a work permit.
Thanks, I am graduate engineer, but i am getting work permit (LMIA) on the basis of intermediate qualification (12 years) employer has no concern about my degree....if in future i got ITA , would it matter that I got LMIA on the basis of 12 years education instead of 16 years...will it come in scope of concealment or lie.

thanks .