+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit web form

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hey, do you know if there is a web form where you can ask the status of your work permit.
I submit mine by paper since May and I haven’t heard anything since then,
I know there is a backlog, how long you have to wait, 5 months?
Thank you

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Hey, do you know if there is a web form where you can ask the status of your work permit.
I submit mine by paper since May and I haven’t heard anything since then,
I know there is a backlog, how long you have to wait, 5 months?
Thank you
Did you applied from Canada?

Your application already exceeded the "normal" processing time indicated on the processing times tool? If yes then yes, you can submit a webform just google IRCC webform and you will have all the info to do it.

I applied online since February and I am still waiting so I believe all work permits either online or paper are taking forever

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Did you applied from Canada?

Your application already exceeded the "normal" processing time indicated on the processing times tool? If yes then yes, you can submit a webform just google IRCC webform and you will have all the info to do it.

I applied online since February and I am still waiting so I believe all work permits either online or paper are taking forever
And do you know where I can find that web form?
Thank you

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Do you guys know if you're allowed to leave Canada and come back as a worker if your permit hasn't expired BUT you applied for extension?

That statement about losing work authorisation in the automated WP-EXT letter is really throwing me off. @JGMF22 @Jjla response would be appreciated. Have you left and come back in Canada on your current work permit without issue, despite having applied for extension?

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Do you guys know if you're allowed to leave Canada and come back as a worker if your permit hasn't expired BUT you applied for extension?

That statement about losing work authorisation in the automated WP-EXT letter is really throwing me off. @JGMF22 @Jjla response would be appreciated. Have you left and come back in Canada on your current work permit without issue, despite having applied for extension?
Depends when it expires, do you have proof of the extension?

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Depends when it expires, do you have proof of the extension?
It's OK, I figured it out but I'm pretty annoyed that no-one else replied to my question on this forum. Since only you replied, I'll tell you my little secret if you DM me and are in this situation.

This forum is honestly becoming pretty useless aside from seeing people's timelines for PR. I am seeing no value here anymore so I won't waste my time with questions and updates.

Jjla

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
I am not in the same situation but thank you, yes, maybe they didn’t know the answer or sometimes they just read and ignore, depending if they interest on the subject

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022

Hello! sorry I just saw this. I have never been in that situation sorry, but as far as my understanding you are on implied status once a new application is submitted, therefore if you leave Canada you would loose your status and might have troubles coming back