+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit under SUV - Documents Required

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
Hi there,

We're going through the work permit application under the Start-Up Visa Program. However, the documents requested are a little irrelevant. For example - "Proof of Business Establishment in Canada".

We cannot submit this since the business is not established in Canada yet.

Also, relevant documents such as Letter of Support or Proof of Funds is not explicitly requested. Neither is there any place to upload "other documents".

Has anyone faced this? If yes, how did you deal with it? Or am I in the wrong path?

Thank you

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
Hi there,

We're going through the work permit application under the Start-Up Visa Program. However, the documents requested are a little irrelevant. For example - "Proof of Business Establishment in Canada".

We cannot submit this since the business is not established in Canada yet.

Also, relevant documents such as Letter of Support or Proof of Funds is not explicitly requested. Neither is there any place to upload "other documents".

Has anyone faced this? If yes, how did you deal with it? Or am I in the wrong path?

Thank you
Is this the final expected state? - https://ibb.co/Dtf6mkP

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
I have written a Letter of Explanation, stating that I'm a SUV applicant (and included the LoS, PoF, etc). The application requires a couple of other documents. What should be uploaded for these?

1. Proof of Business Establishment in Canada (required)
You must provide proof that the business where you intend to work is established in Canada. You can provide the business's financial reports, registration, etc.

2. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.

moh122

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
I have written a Letter of Explanation, stating that I'm a SUV applicant (and included the LoS, PoF, etc). The application requires a couple of other documents. What should be uploaded for these?

You must provide proof that the business where you intend to work is established in Canada. You can provide the business's financial reports, registration, etc.

If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.
I have uploaded proof of business number from Canada Revenue Agency, I am not sure if you can get that while outside of Canada + Certificate of Registration from the state government.

I uploaded the letter of support + my resume + bachelor degree certificate.

Reactions: ani123

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
I have uploaded proof of business number from Canada Revenue Agency, I am not sure if you can get that while outside of Canada + Certificate of Registration from the state government.

I uploaded the letter of support + my resume + bachelor degree certificate.
@moh122 - thanks for your response. However, we are not yet incorporated in Canada. We plan to do so once we get there. Any idea what to do in this case?

ani123

Feb 7, 2022

@SUV_Unicorn_Potential - any insights?

Last edited:

farhad1243

Feb 17, 2022
Hi @SUV_Unicorn_Potential and all,
I have received my letter of support from one of the designated incubators and completed all my documentation. However, there is one step which I am not clear:

on IRCC website, as one of the requirements, I need to submit my offer of employment. Since our business is not registered, I am asked to send an email to the Employer Portal. Is there any processing time on how long it takes for me to get back the email ? it has been a week and I haven't got a reply yet.

Thanks in advance

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi @SUV_Unicorn_Potential and all,
I have received my letter of support from one of the designated incubators and completed all my documentation. However, there is one step which I am not clear:

on IRCC website, as one of the requirements, I need to submit my offer of employment. Since our business is not registered, I am asked to send an email to the Employer Portal. Is there any processing time on how long it takes for me to get back the email ? it has been a week and I haven't got a reply yet.

Thanks in advance
[/QUO
they will reply, with a form you need to complete

Ra3836

Nov 20, 2023
Hi all, I have a tricky problem in submitting Work permit under SUV program.
I have submitted PR and now I want to submit work permit (I have submitted Employer portal also).
the problem is when I want to start application in IRCC, I have to answer the question (wizard) to get the document check list. the check list that I got, seems not suit for this work permit because there is no space for uploading LOS, or proof of PR, or Proof of fund and .... many other documents that is necessary for this type of work permit. what should I do ?