+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit under GSS for Admin profile

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
So I have 4 years experience in Admin profile and my position is Administration officer. I'm planning to apply for work permit with LMIA, can anyone in the groupmplease help out with their timeliness and how did they get the WP.
I already have a visitor visa and have visited Canada

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So I have 4 years experience in Admin profile and my position is Administration officer. I'm planning to apply for work permit with LMIA, can anyone in the groupmplease help out with their timeliness and how did they get the WP.
I already have a visitor visa and have visited Canada
So you have the approved LMIA? Processing depends on LMIA stream and processing times from home country.

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
So you have the approved LMIA? Processing depends on LMIA stream and processing times from home country.
No I don't have any approved LMIA, trying to get a realistic picture of what's happening the WP thing, so then I can think about it.
I am from India and have canada visitor visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I don't have any approved LMIA, trying to get a realistic picture of what's happening the WP thing, so then I can think about it.
I am from India and have canada visitor visa
Visitor visa to Canada makes no difference. Your employer has to pay $1k and file a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR could be hired; only you are experienced enough for the position based on your work experience. So talk to your employer about filing the LMIA as they need to start the process and fill out the paperwork. Then you can file for a closed work permit. Depending if the job is highly skilled or not, processing for work permit from India can take up to 9 months.

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
Visitor visa to Canada makes no difference. Your employer has to pay $1k and file a LMIA proving no Canadian or PR could be hired; only you are experienced enough for the position based on your work experience. So talk to your employer about filing the LMIA as they need to start the process and fill out the paperwork. Then you can file for a closed work permit. Depending if the job is highly skilled or not, processing for work permit from India can take up to 9 months.
That's a long waiting period, 9 months

jaspreet21

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

It may be faster but this doesn’t include processing for the LMIA. So get your employer to file for LMIA. There is paperwork so many have their lawyers or HR department do it.
Yes the paperwork can be never-ending. Also, i was under the impression that the time period includes the LMIA processing, thanks to you I now know 9 months waiting is for only the WP