+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit - TRU UNI

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am getting mixed responses from different consultants about the duration of the work permit one would get after doing the Post Baccalaureate Diploma in marketing.

As per the consultants:

1. Uni says, we will get the work permit for the same duration as of the course...even if we have the course of two yrs, we will get 2 yrs of work permit after that.

2. It depends on the visa office to grant the 3 yrs of work permit which is against the rule in whole canada.
3. Some students have got 3 yrs of work permit and some have got 2 yrs
4. Criteria is still not clear in the whole Vancouver.

This is really confusing.....pls reply with the exact rules stating how many yrs of work permit a student will get on completing the PB diploma in marketing(20 months).

Some says if i complete the same course in 3 semesters which is 16 months, i will get 2 yrs of work permit atleast. But no one is committing or sure about the duration.

Experienced people please revert and guys who are from the alumni group of TRU's PB diploma....pls throw some light on this issue....

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gaur9786 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am getting mixed responses from different consultants about the duration of the work permit one would get after doing the Post Baccalaureate Diploma in marketing.

As per the consultants:

1. Uni says, we will get the work permit for the same duration as of the course...even if we have the course of two yrs, we will get 2 yrs of work permit after that.

2. It depends on the visa office to grant the 3 yrs of work permit which is against the rule in whole canada.
3. Some students have got 3 yrs of work permit and some have got 2 yrs
4. Criteria is still not clear in the whole Vancouver.

This is really confusing.....pls reply with the exact rules stating how many yrs of work permit a student will get on completing the PB diploma in marketing(20 months).

Some says if i complete the same course in 3 semesters which is 16 months, i will get 2 yrs of work permit atleast. But no one is committing or sure about the duration.

Experienced people please revert and guys who are from the alumni group of TRU's PB diploma....pls throw some light on this issue....

Regards
1. 20 months work permit if the course length is 20 months.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Arsh deep

Oct 2, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. 20 months work permit if the course length is 20 months.
2. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
@PMM

My program is of 2 years but in the letter of acceptance it is written 16 months....but when I talked to college representatives on this matter,they said as you are joining in january intake you will not get summer breaks....but the people who joined the same 2 year course in september will get 3 yers PGWP and how many years of PGWP will I get???

Arsh deep

Oct 2, 2012
@PMM

One more thing that the college representative said Is you will have to study continuesly 4 semesters (4sem*4 month)=16 month,for a 2 year course...

gaur9786

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
HI PMM,

Actually the diploma is of two yrs but the studies will end after 20 months...2 semesters of 8 months then 4 months of holidays...then another 2 semesters of 8 months so that's how i am not counting another holiday term of 4 months.(8+4) + (8+4).....moreover the offer letter will also term it as a 2yrs diploma but consultants are not sure about the duration of the work permit i will get...as university people says student will get 2 yrs of work permit but students have got 3 yrs of work permit too.....so can u clear the confusion....??

regards.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Normally it is for as long as the duration of your studies.. How a VO interprets it in your case is not sure. He/she can give you 16 months or 2 years but normally it will not be for longer than that.

bryanzhj

Nov 19, 2012
Quoted from cic.gc.ca:

two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years

Same as I heard, if you finished a 2-year program post secondary institution, you will got AT LEAST 2years work permit, maybe 3years