+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit to Visitor

trutrutru

Jul 9, 2021
Hi, I'm in Canada and my work permit expires in July 31st and I haven't applied for extension for visitor yet.

1. If I apply for visitor visa today, can I still work after my wp expires? (Implied status applies?)

2. I know it says I should apply for extension or change at least before 30days my current status expires, but is it ok if I apply for it today? (less than 30days)

3. and lastly, for the purpose of my visit, my wife is in pgwp (she's with me in canada) but she's not working so I can't apply for the workpemit under her status. in this case, what option should I choose for the purpose of visit, family visit or others (and explain..?)

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm in Canada and my work permit expires in July 31st and I haven't applied for extension for visitor yet.

1. If I apply for visitor visa today, can I still work after my wp expires? (Implied status applies?)

2. I know it says I should apply for extension or change at least before 30days my current status expires, but is it ok if I apply for it today? (less than 30days)

3. and lastly, for the purpose of my visit, my wife is in pgwp (she's with me in canada) but she's not working so I can't apply for the workpemit under her status. in this case, what option should I choose for the purpose of visit, family visit or others (and explain..?)

Thank you in advance!
1. No. You can only continue working until your work permit expires on July 31.
2. Yes, it's fine. The 30 days is just a guideline.
3. I don't know.

Reactions: trutrutru

trutrutru

Jul 9, 2021
1. No. You can only continue working until your work permit expires on July 31.
2. Yes, it's fine. The 30 days is just a guideline.
3. I don't know.
Thank you so much for your reply!
and if anyone knows the answer #3, that would be great!