+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit to Permanant Visa status. How do I go about?

jrs_mumbai

May 19, 2011
Hello,

I have come to Canada on a work permit for a year but the contract is for 2 years. So I will be getting an extension on the work permit for another year.
(This means that the current work permit has got name of the employer and I cannot work for any other employer here in Canada)

I wish to live in Canada and would like to apply for a permanent resident status or would like rather to apply for a visa which is not binding me with my employer.

Is there a way of doing that?

How would I do that? I have checked the website for information but it’s confusing me.

It would be great if someone could provide some information or any help/input.

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For now, you have to stay with one employer. Open work permits are not handed out freely.

Your ability to apply for permanent residency now or in the future depend on your occupation, if it is a skilled job or not. Do you know your NOC or what is your occupation listed on your work permit?

jrs_mumbai

May 19, 2011
My WP is renewed for another year now.

The NOC is Interact Media Prog and Developer

Will I be able to apply for a PR since I have almost completed 1 year in canada?

Singh07

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Oct 2011
Nomination.....
23 sept 2011
Med's Done....
7 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Still waiting, residing in Canada
jrs_mumbai said:
My WP is renewed for another year now.

The NOC is Interact Media Prog and Developer

Will I be able to apply for a PR since I have almost completed 1 year in canada?
Your NOC code is 2174.

The fastest way would be to get a LMO from your employer and then get a provincial nominee certificate and apply under PNP category.