+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit timeline

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Background started 11 March. Bio completed 23 March. Medical passed 5 April. eligibility started 13 April. That was literally the last update and it has been long silence for 3.5 months now. My application has been processing for 19.5 weeks and i’ll be completing my 5 months on 10 August. I am afraid of whatever result I am waiting and the time they are taking is too long. No updates for so long now. What should I do? @legalfalcon
You are facing typical processing times. Around 6 months is pretty typical processing time. Nothing you can do but wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We just got the approval for PGWP + SPOW (Extension) today. We applied in April last week. Having said that, I have a question about the restoration. I also applied for status restoration during our application, however, at the time of application the status was valid. Did I just pay the fee for no reason? Not sure if I had to apply for status restoration at the time of extension because I was already in consideration of the applied status after application.
If you applied for the extensions before the other permits expired there was no need to apply for restoration. Were both your WPs still valid when you applied for the extensions?

yannkq

Jul 11, 2023
Timeline update
Online submission : June 15 2023
Review of eligibility: July 30 2023
Correspondence letter (biometrics confirmation) : July 30 2023
Approval : July 31st 2023

processing time : 45days

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
You are facing typical processing times. Around 6 months is pretty typical processing time. Nothing you can do but wait.
Due to anxiety issues. I applied for GCMS notes and only OTHER REQ: In Progress and Eligibility: Review Required has not completed. This is due to my PCC from home country it says pending outcome for clearance verification. My PCC from country of residence has been verified. Text was added on June 26. The last activity in GCMS Notes was July 24 with just my webforms.

I wanted to know if how long does PCC being verified? I am so anxious as my file has been reviewed and the only pending is the PCC verification from home country. What should I do now? My due date was 26 July 2023. My application will cross it's 5 months processing on 10 August.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Due to anxiety issues. I applied for GCMS notes and only OTHER REQ: In Progress and Eligibility: Review Required has not completed. This is due to my PCC from home country it says pending outcome for clearance verification. My PCC from country of residence has been verified. Text was added on June 26. The last activity in GCMS Notes was July 24 with just my webforms.

I wanted to know if how long does PCC being verified? I am so anxious as my file has been reviewed and the only pending is the PCC verification from home country. What should I do now? My due date was 26 July 2023. My application will cross it's 5 months processing on 10 August.
Due date for the application? There is not exact date for processing just estimated time which can be longer or shorter than the estimated time.

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
If you applied for the extensions before the other permits expired there was no need to apply for restoration. Were both your WPs still valid when you applied for the extensions?
Yes, I wasn't aware of it. It was valid while I applied. But IRCC has refunded the payment so all is good now.

Jagrup27

Feb 25, 2023
Timeline update
Online submission : June 15 2023
Review of eligibility: July 30 2023
Correspondence letter (biometrics confirmation) : July 30 2023
Approval : July 31st 2023

processing time : 45days
Was the application for PGWP extension under public policy 2023? Also, was it an inside Canada application?

Aug 13, 2023
Hi I am Emghie from Philippines, I already started my application for work permit in Canada but the job that I am applying it is a low job skill.
I am planning to bring my common law partner with me in Canada, but as per our regulated consultant since my job is tier 4 or low job skill,
my common law partner can't able to accompany me to Canada as the government still no update yet. We live together for more than 2 years now.
Do you have any idea how long my common partner will wait to come in Canada since he is already on my application?

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hi did u get any update yet? applied 24th feb inside canada, 171 days and still waiting.
No not yet.. it's now 23 painful weeks of waiting. Where did you apply and what is the current processing time? Is your country of application same with your country of residence?

Canvtte

Jul 6, 2023
No not yet.. it's now 23 painful weeks of waiting. Where did you apply and what is the current processing time? Is your country of application same with your country of residence?
I applied Inland- online (initial). Im currently in Canada