+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit timeline

Jun 18, 2018
Applicants who got there work permit recently please share your timelines here like your application submission date and when you received your work permit

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Applicants who got there work permit recently please share your timelines here like your application submission date and when you received your work permit
Where are you applying from and what kind of a Work Permit is this? Without this it is not possible to answer your questions

Have you used the Check Processing times tool? That should answer you if you make the right selections in there

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hey .. I have applied for work permit inside canada on dated 10 May 2023, still I have been waiting for approval. Could you please confirm how long would it take? As per CIC website around 140 days we have to wait for approval. Is there anyone who got approval before the time mentioned on website?

Further, can I go back my home country for some days after applying work permit. Pleae do let me know. Thanks.

Jun 18, 2018
Hey .. I have applied for work permit inside canada on dated 10 May 2023, still I have been waiting for approval. Could you please confirm how long would it take? As per CIC website around 140 days we have to wait for approval. Is there anyone who got approval before the time mentioned on website?

Further, can I go back my home country for some days after applying work permit. Pleae do let me know. Thanks.

I have applied on 2 march 2023 but i have not received the permit yet

yannkq

Jul 11, 2023

applied Jun 15 closed lmia exempt WP, still no reply as for now.

Shamaine

Mar 1, 2021
Hi everyone,I just graduated from college in June.i applied for my husband and I work permit but we we are still waiting on the approval. We want to change jobs and province but our SIN will be expired the end of this month.an my school permit is expired and also my husband work permit is expired.is there any documents that I can show to my potential employer to educate them about what is implied status means,an it's ok for them to hire me.i realized alot of employers don't understand what it means.Thanks inadvace for your help.

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
We just got the approval for PGWP + SPOW (Extension) today. We applied in April last week. Having said that, I have a question about the restoration. I also applied for status restoration during our application, however, at the time of application the status was valid. Did I just pay the fee for no reason? Not sure if I had to apply for status restoration at the time of extension because I was already in consideration of the applied status after application.

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
has medical done ?
Background started 11 March. Bio completed 23 March. Medical passed 5 April. eligibility started 13 April. That was literally the last update and it has been long silence for 3.5 months now. My application has been processing for 19.5 weeks and i’ll be completing my 5 months on 10 August. I am afraid of whatever result I am waiting and the time they are taking is too long. No updates for so long now. What should I do? @legalfalcon

Reactions: Hetal Purani