+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit time?

Linolin

Nov 30, 2023
Hello everyone,

I signed a contract with a Canadian employer, and fortunately, I got a positive LMIA last week.

The next step is to apply for a work permit. I live in Europe, and I checked on the website for the processing time, and it says 54 weeks, which is more than a year!

I want to know if anyone has recent experience applying for a work permit from outside of Canada (especially Europe), how long it took, and if the numbers on the website are true.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I signed a contract with a Canadian employer, and fortunately, I got a positive LMIA last week.

The next step is to apply for a work permit. I live in Europe, and I checked on the website for the processing time, and it says 54 weeks, which is more than a year!

I want to know if anyone has recent experience applying for a work permit from outside of Canada (especially Europe), how long it took, and if the numbers on the website are true.

Thank you!
Processing times are fairly accurate. Is your job in TEER 0 or 1.

Linolin

Nov 30, 2023
I am not sure which teer, to be honest, but the title is regional sales manager.

I hope someone had better luck recently with the time. 54 weeks is insane!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am not sure which teer, to be honest, but the title is regional sales manager.

Next step is probably to reach out to the employer and tell them the processing time and see if they want to wait

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

So what is the NOC? The NOC determines the TEER. Ask employer if under GSS for quicker processing as a skilled worker.