+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit till 2016 (IF LAY OFF or TERMINATION)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
If you find a new employer, you may substitute their AEO for the original AEO.

Review OP 6b:

As part of the normal processing procedure, SC also contacts each employer by phone to confirm
that the job offer is still valid, conditions and wages remain the same and to remind the employer
of its commitment to hire the named applicant upon arrival in Canada should he/she be issued a
PR visa.
and

if the applicant or their spouse or common-law partner completes further study, works in Canada,
arranges employment in Canada, or gains relatives in Canada between application and
assessment, and submits the necessary documentation, points must be awarded accordingly.
So my read is that you have to have a valid offer to land, but that you could submit a new offer to the VO.

AnjaliA

Mar 13, 2016
Im a student doing my masters in ubco, BC, Canada. My husband is on oprn work permit and his visa status is till my study permit expires. Im 5 months pregnant now.

I was doing my part time job. 3 months was probation period. I hardly worked 1 month on part time but unfortunately without a cause i was being given termination. I had not even completed the training period. But only 2 weeks before i had disclosed about my pregnancy. I dont know whats the reason.

My concern is - whether terminatiin record will be filed up with the government? Would that affect my PR applications? Would that affect me while applying for jobs?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Im a student doing my masters in ubco, BC, Canada. My husband is on oprn work permit and his visa status is till my study permit expires. Im 5 months pregnant now.

I was doing my part time job. 3 months was probation period. I hardly worked 1 month on part time but unfortunately without a cause i was being given termination. I had not even completed the training period. But only 2 weeks before i had disclosed about my pregnancy. I dont know whats the reason.

My concern is - whether terminatiin record will be filed up with the government? Would that affect my PR applications? Would that affect me while applying for jobs?
It will be noted on your Record of Employment that you were terminated but this will have zero effect on a PR application. It could have an effect on applying for jobs if you decide to disclose it; you could simply leave it off of your resume.

On a side note, have you sorted out maternity leave with the university? If your university doesn't grant authorized absence, they will report you as being no longer enrolled, which will lead to cancellation of your study permit.

Dhruv121

Nov 10, 2018
I worked for an organization for more than 2 years and got layoff and i want to apply for a temporary work permit. Is this effect any chance of my visa refusal or visa process? because I am going to use my offer letter, pay slips, work experience and all of the same organization.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I worked for an organization for more than 2 years and got layoff and i want to apply for a temporary work permit. Is this effect any chance of my visa refusal or visa process? because I am going to use my offer letter, pay slips, work experience and all of the same organization.
On what grounds do you qualify for a work permit?