+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit status approved but no letter received

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
I applied my post-graduation work permit online. Quite a few days ago, I've been notified that there is an update on my application. When I went inside, it says:

Application/profile status Closed
Review of medical results
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview
Review of biometric information
A final decision has been reached: This application has been approved

Okay I'm glad that they finally approve my application. But then that's it. They didn't send any letters to me. Shouldn't I have some sort of letter that I can show to an officer at the border when I leave Canada and then come back, so that I can replace my study permit with a new work permit?

Is there anybody who knows what's going? Btw, I'm from a visa-exempt country so I don't really need a visitor visa.

Heather16

Sep 27, 2015
You need to wait for 3 to 7 days before you receive the copy of your permit.. just want to ask the month and date you applied your work permit?

erencie

Apr 10, 2013
Heather16 said:
You need to wait for 3 to 7 days before you receive the copy of your permit.. just want to ask the month and date you applied your work permit?
Oh yah I got it. There is a time gap between the time when my status is updated to "approved" and the time when I received a letter of correspondence informing the validity of my PGWP. And afterwards, there is going to be a secure mail mailing to my home address (according to the letter of correspondence). Just need to be patient.

I applied in early June online. The processing time right now is horrible and I thought I'm going to wait till late October. Many of my friends are still waiting and they applied at the same time as me. Apparently mime is the fastest.

natdn

May 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
Doc's Request.
10-01-2017
Nomination.....
25-07-2016
AOR Received.
29-11-2016
erencie said:
Oh yah I got it. There is a time gap between the time when my status is updated to "approved" and the time when I received a letter of correspondence informing the validity of my PGWP. And afterwards, there is going to be a secure mail mailing to my home address (according to the letter of correspondence). Just need to be patient.

I applied in early June online. The processing time right now is horrible and I thought I'm going to wait till late October. Many of my friends are still waiting and they applied at the same time as me. Apparently mime is the fastest.
Congrats..! yup your Application has been processed soon.

Sharma15

Aug 7, 2019

Hi, after getting the in canada approval letter how much time did it take them to mail you the WP? The average time is two-three weeks. I got an in canada approval letter on July 15th but still haven’t received any document in mail.

Reactions: Bob@Ind

Hparsa

Feb 12, 2020
Hello I got my approval on 4 February but until now ,no physical copy !! How many days should I wait for that?!

sfozia23

Dec 8, 2020
I requested for open work permit and got the approval letter on 30th July 2020, but I didn't receive the physical copy of the same . So I requested for the re-print of the document, then too I didn't receive it. I connected with the customer representative for the same and they said now I have to raise request for Replacement copy and send them a form with proper fees via mail.
I have done that too as well on 13th Nov, but hard luck till now. It has been total 6 months I haven't receive the work permit.
Can anyone suggest how much more time does it take? and also Can I start working by using the approval letter ?

Raman Dhindsa

Oct 28, 2021
Hi, i got approved for my work permit but still i am waiting for my official letter. It’s more than six weeks. What should i do. Is there anybody can help me with that. To whom should i contact?

Mar 4, 2022
Hi, i got approved for my work permit but still i am waiting for my official letter. It’s more than six weeks. What should i do. Is there anybody can help me with that. To whom should i contact?
How do you get your work permit hard copy I am also facing same problem. Please reply ASAP

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
I requested for open work permit and got the approval letter on 30th July 2020, but I didn't receive the physical copy of the same . So I requested for the re-print of the document, then too I didn't receive it. I connected with the customer representative for the same and they said now I have to raise request for Replacement copy and send them a form with proper fees via mail.
I have done that too as well on 13th Nov, but hard luck till now. It has been total 6 months I haven't receive the work permit.
Can anyone suggest how much more time does it take? and also Can I start working by using the approval letter ?
Hello any updates? did you get it finally?

Darna45

Jan 18, 2023
I
Hello any updates? did you get it finally?
Any update? Did u finally get it? I received an approval letter from IRCC stating that work permit has been issued. Its been 3 months and I have not received the hard copy of my work permit. Tried calling IRCC million times, but no luck. I also tried web form, no luck either.

Cliso

Feb 7, 2023
I

Any update? Did u finally get it? I received an approval letter from IRCC stating that work permit has been issued. Its been 3 months and I have not received the hard copy of my work permit. Tried calling IRCC million times, but no luck. I also tried web form, no luck either.
Hi .am also in the same situation didn't received the document my work permit got approved on Dec 31 .Still didn't received.Did you get ur doc.