+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Restoration

ytc1011

May 2, 2019
hello, everyone, I have question..
I had my working visa in 2013, and I worked in Canada for like over an year or so,
after that I moved back to where I was born in 2015, and I working visa expired in 2016. I am wondering if I still have the chance to restore my working visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello, everyone, I have question..
I had my working visa in 2013, and I worked in Canada for like over an year or so,
after that I moved back to where I was born in 2015, and I working visa expired in 2016. I am wondering if I still have the chance to restore my working visa?

Zero chance. You can only restore within 90 days of the visa expiring.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for your answer :)
I am wondering if I want to go back to Canada and work in canada , am I able to apply for working visa again?
If you want to be able to work in Canada again, you must first secure a job offer in Canada and your employer must obtain an approved LMIA. Once the LMIA is approved, you can then apply for the work permit. Once the work permit is approved, you can then travel to Canada and work.

Cyrille

Apr 28, 2017
Hi @scylla or anyone tha would be able to reply.

I recently lost my status as a worker and I have been given a grace period of 90 days to restore it. I was holding an employer specific work permit with LMIA exemption ( As a native French speaker using French at work in Anglosaxon province).

Questions:
1) if my employer is willing to take me back, do they have to pay the compliance fee again for the LMIA exemption ?
2) is it possible to apply for an open work permit with no valid job offer ?

P.S: I have a PR application in process.

Tanit80

Aug 7, 2019
Hi @scylla or anyone tha would be able to reply.

I recently lost my status as a worker and I have been given a grace period of 90 days to restore it. I was holding an employer specific work permit with LMIA exemption ( As a native French speaker using French at work in Anglosaxon province).

Questions:
1) if my employer is willing to take me back, do they have to pay the compliance fee again for the LMIA exemption ?
2) is it possible to apply for an open work permit with no valid job offer ?

P.S: I have a PR application in process.
Hi Cyrille.

I am in the same boat and lost the status recently with an LMIA exempt (Francophone Mobility Program). I have submitted my restoration and work permit with the old LMIA Code since my job offer is still valid till May 2020.

I confused though, do you need a new LMIA exemption code along with the compliance fee?
Have you applied for an open work permit?

Thanks

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello everyone,

I appreciate your response and suggestions. My status in Canada as a worker (Employer specific) has been expired last month. However, I recently received a letter of invitation with an LMIA exemption number to work for a new employer. Since my spouse is with me in Canada, wherein I have to restore her status of her along with me, I am confused about whether I have to apply for the restoration as a worker or as a visitor. Please advise me if anyone can able to help me out