+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit restoration CSQ holder

Carter15

Nov 28, 2019
Hello,
I have a valid CSQ that expires on February 5th 2021 and my PR is currently in process.
On April 1st 2019, I applied to extend my closed work permit but due to a mistake on my end (didn't file the correct A75 code): I got refused a work permit extension on July 25 2019.
I hired an immigration lawyer and she did apply on my behalf to restore my worker status as I have lost it last July and I did provide her with a new A75 code that my employer gave me.
She sent my restoration application on August 12th 2019.
My question is with my valid CSQ, I am still exempt from labor market impact assessment?
She told me before hiring her that this is an easy thing to do and similar clients got their worker status restored. But to my schock I got a refusal stating that I am not eligible to apply for LMIA exempt as my work permit was not valid at the time of the restoration application.
I even checked on my CIC portal and simulated a restoration application and CSQ is a mandatory document.
And she told me that she did called IRCC to check and they confirmed that CSQ holders are exempt from LMIA when applying for restoration of work permit if they did not pass the 90 days window starting from the refusal date.

Thank you.