+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit renewal in progress, need to get visa stamp extended!!

kamaldeep1986

Oct 8, 2012
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen, working in Canada on a temporary work permit. I recently applied to get my work permit renewed till next year. But the visa stamping on my passport has expired and as I understand, if now I leave Canada, I will have to apply for visa stamping extension before coming back.

I need to travel in India in month of december, so can I get the stamping in New Delhi? How long does it take to do so?

Please guide.

Thanks,
Kamaldeep Singh

ewee

Star Member
Sep 28, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think based on the posts that i've read in this forum, you can actually send your re-entry twv in cic ottawa. but i'm not sure if that's for the LIC only... if i were you, better phone cic

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ewee said:
i think based on the posts that i've read in this forum, you can actually send your re-entry twv in cic ottawa. but i'm not sure if that's for the LIC only... if i were you, better phone cic
The OP won't have time. S/he has to get the renewed work permit back, before s/he can apply to CIO-Ottawa, and their processing is 30 days for the TRV. S/he will have to apply in India. Processing time there 35 days Chandrighar and 7 days ND.