+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Rejection Due to Out-Of-status.

Rahul_3375

Apr 16, 2020
My work permit got rejected because I was late and went out of restoration period. My study completed in August and in the same month my study permit got expired and after that in October I was going to apply for restoration of my status which I can do for three months after expiration of study permit but in October an incident of gunshot happened with my husband in which we both were emotionally and financially broken and because of this I went out of status and now my work permit has been rejected. My husband possess a valid study permit till 2022. Now, what's the next step I can do to get the work permit? I can also provide the proofs of incident with all police report for re-appealing. What are the chances of getting work permit after re-appealing . I really appreciate any leads and help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My work permit got rejected because I was late and went out of restoration period. My study completed in August and in the same month my study permit got expired and after that in October I was going to apply for restoration of my status which I can do for three months after expiration of study permit but in October an incident of gunshot happened with my husband in which we both were emotionally and financially broken and because of this I went out of status and now my work permit has been rejected. My husband possess a valid study permit till 2022. Now, what's the next step I can do to get the work permit? I can also provide the proofs of incident with all police report for re-appealing. What are the chances of getting work permit after re-appealing . I really appreciate any leads and help.
You need to apply to restore your status. If your husband holds a study permit and is studying full time, then you should be able to get an open work permit based on his study permit once your status is restored.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has your husband been studying full-time and does he continue to study full-time?

Rahul_3375

Apr 16, 2020
You need to apply to restore your status. If your husband holds a study permit and is studying full time, then you should be able to get an open work permit based on his study permit once your status is restored.
Thank you for replying. Are you suggesting to reply open work permit instead of doing appeal for post graduation work permit? In that case I have to go back to my home country?