+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit (Regular work permit not the Post Grad)

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Hi guys,

My post-graduation work permit will expire in June 2012 and I'm about to send my CEC documents now. Of course I won't have my PR by June. In the past, I had a work permit (prior to the post-grad one). After that work permit expires which was for one year, I applied for Visa student again, went back to school and after finished school I got the 3 yrs post-graduation work permit.

My question is, can I apply for the regular work permit again? If so, will I be applying as a brand new work permit or do I need LMO??? I understand that LMO is required if you are renewing your work permit? However, I got my work permit for 2006-2007. After that, school and after school got post graduation work permit for 2009-2012.
Pls help me!

Thank you so much in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

immicec said:
Hi guys,

My post-graduation work permit will expire in June 2012 and I'm about to send my CEC documents now. Of course I won't have my PR by June. In the past, I had a work permit (prior to the post-grad one). After that work permit expires which was for one year, I applied for Visa student again, went back to school and after finished school I got the 3 yrs post-graduation work permit.

My question is, can I apply for the regular work permit again? If so, will I be applying as a brand new work permit or do I need LMO??? I understand that LMO is required if you are renewing your work permit? However, I got my work permit for 2006-2007. After that, school and after school got post graduation work permit for 2009-2012.
Pls help me!

Thank you so much in advance.

you need a LMO.

immicec

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
Thank you. I was hoping otherwise but will try if my employer will help me with the LMO.