+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit refused

Sehlile

Apr 11, 2019
My work permit has been refused for the 3rd time now and I am really feeling depressed and defeated because I have been working with the registered RCIC all three times. Also my LMIA will be expiring on the 24th of December, what exactly should I do coz we have tried to address all the refusals each time we re-apply.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My work permit has been refused for the 3rd time now and I am really feeling depressed and defeated because I have been working with the registered RCIC all three times. Also my LMIA will be expiring on the 24th of December, what exactly should I do coz we have tried to address all the refusals each time we re-apply.
What is the job/NOC? Where is the job? What are reasons for refusal each time?

How much experience do you have to do the job? Education/ECA? IELTS?

Sehlile

Apr 11, 2019
What is the job/NOC? Where is the job? What are reasons for refusal each time?

How much experience do you have to do the job? Education/ECA? IELTS?
NOC code 6312, The job is in Grande Prairie, Alberta
I have 13 yrs of experience
IELTS, 7.5 overall. ECA: Secondary school equivalency
Latest refusal reasons:
. You have limited employment possibilities in your country of residence

. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose of coming to Canada, or to maintain yourself while in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Latest refusal reasons:

. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose of coming to Canada, or to maintain yourself while in Canada
What is your work and education history? Are you currently in Canada? What is your company of citizenship? Have you attempted to apply to immigrate or apply for other visas/permits to come to Canada or other countries? How much savings did you show?

Sehlile

Apr 11, 2019
0p
What is your work and education history? Are you currently in Canada? What is your company of citizenship? Have you attempted to apply to immigrate or apply for other visas/permits to come to Canada or other countries? How much savings did you show?
1. I've got 13 yrs work experience, and a high school graduate
2. No, I am currently outside of Canada
3. I am a Zimbabwean
4. No, I had not attempted to apply to immigrate to Canada before, and yes I have worked in South Africa before.
6. I showed CAD 26 000 of savings

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Latest refusal reasons:

So what did you show to return to home country when your work permit expires? What job will you do when you go back and for what salary?

So you have been an executive housekeeper for 13 years, not just a housekeeper? Have any of the other refusals been about education because the NOC requires college diploma?

Is it just you coming to Canada and all the money is in cash?

What are your long term plans?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
0p
3. I am a Zimbabwean
4. No, I had not attempted to apply to immigrate to Canada before, and yes I have worked in South Africa before.
Rhodesian, eh?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
0p
3. I am a Zimbabwean
What type of work have you done? Given the economic situation is Zimbabwe there are valid concerns that you will not return to your home country. Are your savings in cash and how were you able to save 26k?

PP1560

Dec 19, 2023
Hello experts,
I have a follow up question on this. I have applied under NOC 6311. Is proof of funds required for all LMIA applications? I have also applied for closed work permit through a Canadian employer. Job as food service supervisor. I haven’t shown any funds in savings. Only bankstatements showing pay from current Indian employer. Also, is it required to show that I go back to my home country?