(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
sweetyvenky1 said:
Hi Guys I need your suggestions

I received Nova scotia Nominee certificate with employer restriction on it....my graduation work permit (open workpermit) is going to expire on November 9th 2015, I applied to CIO on june 10th 2015. I am sure i will receive AOR on september 2015. Now

what type of workpermit can i apply for open/ closed
what should I choose same employer/ new employer (as my previous open work permit no employer on it)
can I apply for work permit without AOR ( with only Nomination certificate and letter of support from Nova Scotia office)
after I receive AOR can i apply for open work permit even though there is employment restriction on my nominee certificate

Can I apply for work permit at the border after i receive AOR (flagpolling) if so what documents are required
- You can apply for open work permit, bridging wp..easily if you apply through AOR
- you ll write same employer, bcz the employer who has given you a nomination will be the one who is considered same employer
- if you choose to apply without AOR then you have to apply thru pnp certificate, in that case you ll get close wp
- you ll pay $100 extra fr open wp...but then you dont have to apply via pnp...just AOR
you can apply at the border (CIC doesnt recommend though) but you can apply at the border with "right documents"
Good Luck

Kish999

Mar 16, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
14-08=2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
???
Passport Req..
???
VISA ISSUED...
???
LANDED..........
???
Dear all,

HELP PLEASE... I am new to this forum.

My situation is similar to some of you. Yesterday I got a letter from cic informing that I was refused an extension for a work permit as I do not a valid LMIA and Confirmation from Employment and Social Development Canada.

Actually having studied in Canada I had a 1 year open PGWP which was valid up to March 23, 2015. So on March 3, I made a paper application for an extension on the basis that my AINP application was under process and got a support letter from my employer. However on March 22 after an email to my employer to confirm that I am still employed with the same company AINP sent me my nomination letter.

I called CIC to tell them about my situation and how do I proceed from now to send the additional document to support my application. I was told to write an explanatory letter indicating my UCI and send a copy of the nomination which I did the same day. Despite this I got the refusal letter with the above reason.

The letter mention that I am now out of status but may apply for restoration and a new work permit. I called cic the same day to discuss that I got my nomination after my application and was told by themselves to send the additional document in an explanatory letter. I understand they never took it into consideration. The only thing I was told is to make a fresh application which will take another 100 days. In the mean time I cannot work.

Grateful for your advice. In the IMM 5710 form I should mention Restoration of your status as worker but also which box should I tick, the one mentioning "A work permit with same employer" or "An initial work permit with new employer". Usually if you have a PNP nomination you should get an open work permit. Thank you

SirDickbutt

Feb 13, 2015
Wow, so much bad advice here. AINP doesn't mean shit. It only tells CIC that Alberta would like to sponsor you for immigration.

It is still your responsibility to keep your work permit and conditions active. That AINP piece of document means less than toilet paper in that regard. :-X

Kish999

Mar 16, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
14-08=2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
???
Passport Req..
???
VISA ISSUED...
???
LANDED..........
???
Thanks SirDickbutt for sharing your opinion. I followed the normal procedures to maintain my status and extend my work permit. But someone somewhere just pushed me deeper in the water ignoring the human factors and let me drowned...

12ny6

Jul 4, 2015
Hi everyone,

This forum has helped me previously alot in learning about the process. Thus thank you all.

I applied for PNP Ontario Masters on 10th december 2014 and got my PNP approved on 2nd June. My work permit was expiring on 10th April thus had applied by post a WP extension in March. The day I got PNP, had couriered it to CIC to support for my WP extension but on June 23rd they refused my application for work permit extension.

I was planning to put my P.R file this month end in July. But now I dont have a work permit or a legal status and it seems my only option is restoration of visitor permit application. My question is a. what other options do I have & b. Can I still be eligible for P.R file if I am on restoration of visitor permit & will I get this visitor permit approved?

Please do advice, it would be much appreciated. Waiting here alone while my wife and new born baby are in India and thus do not want to stay here for no reason if it is not going to work.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
the only thing you need to do is to go to cic established representative..and seek assistance..cic cant refuse their request..representative i mean cic estbalishied lawyers...
apply thru them fr restoration..unfortunately you hv to wait until the decision comes
good luck