Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
Can anyone suggest, what would my best bet be at this point of time Considering the following:
AINP Nomination received May 05, 2015 - Nominated under International Graduate Employer Driven Stream
3 Yr. Post grad wp expiring June 19, 2015
PR File received at CIC May 21, 2015
Refused WP extension at border today May 23, 2015 - reason No Letter of Recommendation attached and AINP wouldn't provide LOR saying that province of Alberta wouldn't provide unless written request from CIC.

I am just trying to avoid going on implied status cause if at all I go on implied status after applying WP extension online or paper and then they come back after 60-70 days refusing my extension again for some useless reason like today then I'll have to STOP working, I can't afford to take a chance for this.

Does anyone know what will happen to my PR file if extension refused again and I go on restoration status? Will PR fie be cancelled too?

This is what I'm planning now:
Submit paper application for WP extension which takes around 110 days to process and if I get AOR before that then apply for Open Work Permit.

Experts please help!!!

SMI2015

May 11, 2015
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015 sent to Sydney CIO
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/ application
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
greenlemon said:
MYRSO, I called AINP before I applied for the extension asking for a support letter unfortunately they said they will not be giving since the AINP certificate is sufficient. If refused then I have to fax them a copy so that they can give a support letter.

My work permit has expired already, when I got my AOR. They said we cant have a multiple application that is why I didn't apply for a bridging open work permit.

I have stopped working now and figuring out on Monday with CIC what should I do.
The best thing for you to try right now is to fax AINP a copy of your refusal letter and explain that you need a Provincial Nominee Temporary Work Permit Support Letter. Ask them that you need it so you can be eligible for LMIA exempt for work permit since the purpose of that letter is for an applicant be exempted from LMIA. I'm thinking that you no longer qualify for a bridging open work permit since your work permit is already expired as I read here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp that eligibility requirements needs you to have a valid status work permit. After AINP give you the support letter you need to ask employer to fill out IMM5802E, pay employer compliance fee, provide employer declaration form and other supporting documents. There you go you now have a temporary work permit.

mryoso

Mar 28, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-24-2015 sent to Sydney CIO
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent w/ application
Med's Request
December 11, 2015
Med's Done....
December 16, 2015
Passport Req..
April 5, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 22, 2016
LANDED..........
yayyy!
SMI2015 said:
Can anyone suggest, what would my best bet be at this point of time Considering the following:
AINP Nomination received May 05, 2015 - Nominated under International Graduate Employer Driven Stream
3 Yr. Post grad wp expiring June 19, 2015
PR File received at CIC May 21, 2015
Refused WP extension at border today May 23, 2015 - reason No Letter of Recommendation attached and AINP wouldn't provide LOR saying that province of Alberta wouldn't provide unless written request from CIC.

I am just trying to avoid going on implied status cause if at all I go on implied status after applying WP extension online or paper and then they come back after 60-70 days refusing my extension again for some useless reason like today then I'll have to STOP working, I can't afford to take a chance for this.

Does anyone know what will happen to my PR file if extension refused again and I go on restoration status? Will PR fie be cancelled too?

This is what I'm planning now:
Submit paper application for WP extension which takes around 110 days to process and if I get AOR before that then apply for Open Work Permit.

Experts please help!!!
Hi the AOR that you need is from CIC for permanent residence so submitting a paper application for work permit and waiting for AOR is useless. Did they give you a refusal letter from the border? Did you make clear to the CBSA that you are a provincial nominee and provide documents such as IMM5802E? Maybe the CBSA officer got confused because Alberta now is giving a letter of recommendation for those AINP applicant waiting for nomination to extend 1 year. But if you made clear that you are a provincial nominee then you really need the work permit support letter. If AINP will not provide without a request from CIC then just prove to them that you need it for work permit application like providing refusal stating that the reason is "No Letter of recomendation from AINP attached".

Amel 1987

May 21, 2015
Hi guys!

I also get my closed work permit extension refused.

My consultant was the one who make an application on my behalf.

In the letter the reason of refusal is that I haven't provide a valid pnp certificate.

I called him and explain what happened but he said that was provide certificate for sure.

After that he call the cic and explain situation about my application.

Then the lady go into my application and check my documents.

Everything was fine and then she wrote a letter of reconsideration for my application.

I was last week apply for my PR under the SINP nomination and need wait for my AOR.

My current work permit is valid till december this year.

The question is can I expect a positive answer for my reconsideration letter if all my documents are good?

How long usually take time to respond on reconsideration letter?

I already wait for a three weeks.

If somebody have or had the same situation like me I would be really appreciate to get answers about that.

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
Amel 1987 said:
Hi guys!

I also get my closed work permit extension refused.

My consultant was the one who make an application on my behalf.

In the letter the reason of refusal is that I haven't provide a valid pnp certificate.

I called him and explain what happened but he said that was provide certificate for sure.

After that he call the cic and explain situation about my application.

Then the lady go into my application and check my documents.

Everything was fine and then she wrote a letter of reconsideration for my application.

I was last week apply for my PR under the SINP nomination and need wait for my AOR.

My current work permit is valid till december this year.

The question is can I expect a positive answer for my reconsideration letter if all my documents are good?

How long usually take time to respond on reconsideration letter?

I already wait for a three weeks.

If somebody have or had the same situation like me I would be really appreciate to get answers about that.

Hope it will be positive but better again send a copy shortage paper with your ref. like passport or file number. time depend to vary visa office to visa office. Don't worry maximum case had positive after apple.

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
i had a chance to talk with cic today. they refused my extension because my nomination certificate was expired the time they are processing it. however, the certificate is not yet expired when i submitted it. i cant understand the logic. the basis should be the time you passed the said application.

vikrant khanna

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Check out this BOWP link for all your answers about BOWP.

SMI2015

May 11, 2015
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
Nomination.....
05-05-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
mryoso said:
Hi the AOR that you need is from CIC for permanent residence so submitting a paper application for work permit and waiting for AOR is useless. Did they give you a refusal letter from the border? Did you make clear to the CBSA that you are a provincial nominee and provide documents such as IMM5802E? Maybe the CBSA officer got confused because Alberta now is giving a letter of recommendation for those AINP applicant waiting for nomination to extend 1 year. But if you made clear that you are a provincial nominee then you really need the work permit support letter. If AINP will not provide without a request from CIC then just prove to them that you need it for work permit application like providing refusal stating that the reason is "No Letter of recomendation from AINP attached".
Thanks! No they did not gv me any letter, the officer just verbally refused and put an entry stamp on my passport and on top of that stamp she wrote the date of my wp expiry.

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
I was just wondering if somebody can help me. My wp was refused last May 21,2015. The reason was my PNP nomination has been expired the time they processed it, though when I submitted it is still valid. Last May 30 I applied restoration and open work permit. My question is, Is it the right application, an open work permit? I was browsing the website right now and I quote,

"Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they are currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire in four months or less;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or the two caregiver classes;
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above;
they have applied for an open work permit; and
they have paid the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.
Note: Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible for an open work permit only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.
The following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (work permit exempt);
foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;
foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months or who already have a new LMIA that can be used as the basis for a new work permit application;
foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry;
spouse and dependants of the principal permanent resident applicant;
provincial nominees who have not submitted a copy of their nomination letter with the application for a bridging work permit, or whose nomination letter specifically indicates employment restrictions."

cosmo777

Star Member
May 15, 2014
If you're out of status I don't believe you can apply for a BOWP - you need a valid WP that's due to expire in the next 4 months and a provincial nomination that isn't connected to any particular employer.

I had a friend who applied for a BOWP (after their nomination certificate had expired) and I believe they used their AOR instead.

I'm no expert and I'm going on memory so you may want to verify the info I've mentioned.

Cheers

sweetyvenky1

Jan 14, 2014
Hi Guys I need your suggestions

I received Nova scotia Nominee certificate with employer restriction on it....my graduation work permit (open workpermit) is going to expire on November 9th 2015, I applied to CIO on june 10th 2015. I am sure i will receive AOR on september 2015. Now

what type of workpermit can i apply for open/ closed
what should I choose same employer/ new employer (as my previous open work permit no employer on it)
can I apply for work permit without AOR ( with only Nomination certificate and letter of support from Nova Scotia office)
after I receive AOR can i apply for open work permit even though there is employment restriction on my nominee certificate

Can I apply for work permit at the border after i receive AOR (flagpolling) if so what documents are required

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
greenlemon said:
I was just wondering if somebody can help me. My wp was refused last May 21,2015. The reason was my PNP nomination has been expired the time they processed it, though when I submitted it is still valid. Last May 30 I applied restoration and open work permit. My question is, Is it the right application, an open work permit? I was browsing the website right now and I quote,

"Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they are currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire in four months or less;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or the two caregiver classes;
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above;
they have applied for an open work permit; and
they have paid the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.
Note: Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible for an open work permit only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.
The following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) (work permit exempt);
foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;
foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months or who already have a new LMIA that can be used as the basis for a new work permit application;
foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry;
spouse and dependants of the principal permanent resident applicant;
provincial nominees who have not submitted a copy of their nomination letter with the application for a bridging work permit, or whose nomination letter specifically indicates employment restrictions."
GreenLemon and All who are in the same shit as we are: Applications refused for work permit
I had a terrible time to understand this scenario. My work permit was refused on 2 reasons: my pnp was expired and i changed my employer
Now currently in restoration, I have searched the whole lot of questions, google and every where..Talked to CIC today...Whatever she was asking me i was giving the info that i did that i did that...she got so confused, that finally she transferred my questions to her supervisor..
1- I asked her, I have applied on 20th May for the restoration of my status and wp extension, and it exactly the same day (20th May) cic has new posted new rules...according to which applications with restoration are not eligible for open work permit? She looked into the website and confirmed, yes.
2- I asked her do you want me to withdraw my application? she said she cannot advise me on that...bcz certain wp cases are dealt on case to case basis..
3- She provided me the cic approved representative list to ask for this kind of customized question i need to look for a representative..( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp#law-societies) a list of representative
Anyways, she didnt mention to withdraw my application, but she said if it is my wish/decision..once i am ready to withdraw i must complete my documentation to follow on the next step (collecting the required documents) but it should be within the 90 days period window.
4- I asked her, what if want to have two applications in progress, she said she cannt say anything nor her supervisor answer this question..but was suggesting again and again to go for representative..
5- my pnp is now expired, what should i do? and i have changed so many jobs afterwards..?
she said contact your pnp office, i said they dont know anything...they(pnp office guys) are telling me to re-apply for a new pnp certificate with the normal processing time..first get job approval for the new position and then apply for a new pnp certificate..
Anyways, so and so on....for 30 minutes i talked to both the agent and her supervisor, but to tell you the truth, either -they dont know about these things or they are scared of talking on topics for which they have no info or any legal consequences..
After that, I made a call to a representative here in my city...and i talked to her for 30 minutes, and she was saying to to talk to the pnp manager...but she had even no idea of such cases...bcz she was telling me that i have breach the law "if pnp has been issued by one employer, i should not have worked with any other employer" and i was laughing...like anything. i said i had open work permit...and i have already informed the pnp office about it and they have emailed me that its alright submit your application with this email plus new employers. anyways, she was thinking of the current scenario, but actually the pnp in July had a different format...there was no such restriction as these days...
-----------------------ANYWAYS, CONGRATULATIONS I FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR ALL RESTORATION OF STATUS FOLKS------------------
1- if you are now in restoration, no worries...
You can get restored and you can get a new work permit
Follow the link and read and apply...and if any question, please let me know {http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=186&t=17}
You need to meet either Condition A OR condition B & C (both)
-I am going with B & C both because that is easy and one can do it in one day as well
- Condition A is not in your hands, it goes to other hands and there is always "wait"...which we cannot afford in restoration!!
Good Luck Guys...Hope it helps