+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Refused

findingluck

Feb 5, 2009
hi.. my bestfriend applied for a work permit to Canada, he has all teh requirements the LMO, the contract from his employer, he also finished his medical and all's well, unfortunately after 2 months wait, he just got a letter from embassy stating that he is refused to work bec they are not satisfied that he will still go home after his contract. Is this possible? Is it possible that he be refused without being intervied? After all, his contract is only for 2 years of course he will go back to the Philippines.. I want a clear view of this.. I wanted to help my friend he is really really down....Thank You...

ninaz24

Sep 13, 2008
Yes, It is possible for the officer assessing your case to refuse the work permit if they are not satisfied that you will return to your home ocuntry once your contract is up. Your friend will have to prove to them that he will come back for sure by showing them strong ties to the home country, eg family, property etc.

findingluck

Feb 5, 2009
Thank you for the reply.. What do you advise my friend to do now? Is it ok to re apply? Are they accepting ap0plications for the second time? Hoping for the reply again.. Thanks..

leigh

Jan 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, your friend can re-apply again as long as the employer is still willing to hire your friend. in regard in re applying your friend need to ask first the employer for what is the result of your friend application, then ask for a letter to guaranteed that your friend will return to his/her home country after 2 years of contract. you need to send also a letter stating of your reason or you will guarantee that you as an applicant will sure to come back. you can also send proof of funds, land titles,insurance ets that will prove of your returning after your contract.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
I think the recession and loss of jobs for many Canadians might have an effect on these rejections of permits, workers might be filling the work gaps slowly.

cambridgegal

Mar 14, 2009
We are in the same situation. My sister's work permit was refused due to that reason. They told her that she can re-apply as long as there is a new significant reason that she will go back after her contract. She has to start from the beginning again ,wait another 4 months. She also sent proof of funds with her application but the visa officer did not acknowledge the funds or was not convince with the amount of money she has put in the fund. Her employer been waiting for over 4 months now and I have to break the news to her employer. I am thinking of sponsoring her as my live in caregiver as I need one.

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
cambridgegal said:
We are in the same situation. My sister's work permit was refused due to that reason. They told her that she can re-apply as long as there is a new significant reason that she will go back after her contract. She has to start from the beginning again ,wait another 4 months. She also sent proof of funds with her application but the visa officer did not acknowledge the funds or was not convince with the amount of money she has put in the fund. Her employer been waiting for over 4 months now and I have to break the news to her employer. I am thinking of sponsoring her as my live in caregiver as I need one.
Why would you send "proof of funds" to the visa officer? Proof of funds is only applicable to foreign skilled worker applicants who doesn't have a job offer or employer.

Nicky444444

Oct 18, 2017
i there I am faced with the very same situation now initially when you apply you are asked to provide information regarding you job capabilities, qualifications and experience to the job you've have applied for, not proof of whether you will return as in a visitors visa so I provided no information to support whether I would or would not stay. However in my situation it is a little different my husband lives in Canada and during my contract my husband would have started the application for sponsorship which our consultant confirmed we should receive without difficulty therefore I actually don't intend on returning. Had they asked I would've explained. Do you think it is a good ground to rebut or ask to review the application given that fact?

Nicky444444

Oct 18, 2017
i there I am faced with the very same situation now initially when you apply you are asked to provide information regarding you job capabilities, qualifications and experience to the job you've have applied for, not proof of whether you will return as in a visitors visa so I provided no information to support whether I would or would not stay. However in my situation it is a little different my husband lives in Canada and during my contract my husband would have started the application for sponsorship which our consultant confirmed we should receive without difficulty therefore I actually don't intend on returning. Had they asked I would've explained. Do you think it is a good ground to rebut or ask to review the application given that fact?