+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit refused, pnp hopefully soon

surjeet

Jun 11, 2011
my work permit has been refused and i have 90 days for restoration of status. Basically I had applied for extension just to get some more time for my PNP to come but it was refused because I don't have a permanent residence application in process. My PNP process is in final rounds and I am hoping to get 600 points for my express entry soon. Can I apply for express entry under my current status? Once I get the invitation, I can then apply for restoration of status. Will this work?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

surjeet said:
my work permit has been refused and i have 90 days for restoration of status. Basically I had applied for extension just to get some more time for my PNP to come but it was refused because I don't have a permanent residence application in process. My PNP process is in final rounds and I am hoping to get 600 points for my express entry soon. Can I apply for express entry under my current status? Once I get the invitation, I can then apply for restoration of status. Will this work?
1. No, it won't work. You can apply for express entry, but without the PNP accepting, it sounds like you won't have sufficient points. So you can either leave, or apply for restoration as a visitor.

surjeet

Jun 11, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

1. No, it won't work. You can apply for express entry, but without the PNP accepting, it sounds like you won't have sufficient points. So you can either leave, or apply for restoration as a visitor.

Thanks for your help but I think you did not understand my question properly. I am not applying for express entry right now. I will be waiting for my PNP to come which will be a month at most. At that point, I will have 600 points in my express entry profile. Do I need a valid status at that point? Can I just go ahead with the profile with the current status. Once I get the invitation, I will then apply for restoration of status.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your status in Canada must be valid at the time you apply for Express Entry. Restoration can take four months to process. I would submit the restoration application asap.

wendyluck11

Feb 23, 2017
scylla said:
Your status in Canada must be valid at the time you apply for Express Entry. Restoration can take four months to process. I would submit the restoration application asap.
Hi, how do you know the restoration can take four months? I'm going to apply the restoration, and I have submitted my PR application before the work permit expired but still waiting for FN. I extended my work permit in wrong way-open one, I should apply for closed work permit because I got the PNP nominee not FN of federal.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
wendyluck11 said:
Hi, how do you know the restoration can take four months? I'm going to apply the restoration, and I have submitted my PR application before the work permit expired but still waiting for FN. I extended my work permit in wrong way-open one, I should apply for closed work permit because I got the PNP nominee not FN of federal.
It's not always four months - but it can be. A number of people on this forum have waited four months for restoration to be processed.

surjeet

Jun 11, 2011
scylla said:
Thanks for your help. Can I apply for restoration right now in my case? On what basis I will be applying?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
surjeet said:
Thanks for your help. Can I apply for restoration right now in my case? On what basis I will be applying?

At this point you cannot restore your status as a worker as you either need a positive LMIA or PNP. The only option is to apply to as a visitor and wait til your PNP is issued.

That's my opinion.

surjeet

Jun 11, 2011
Wonderland_1010 said:
At this point you cannot restore your status as a worker as you either need a positive LMIA or PNP. The only option is to apply to as a visitor and wait til your PNP is issued.

That's my opinion.
Can I apply for work permit once I get PNP? Or Will I have to wait until my federal PR comes in and then finally work?

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
I have valid job offer and LMIA from BC , I will apply for EE skilled worker BC PNP .
question is after nomination can I get 600 points to guaranty my application on EE ?
as u know LMIA have only 50 points and it dont work for my situation .