+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit questions while waiting for PR

cako

Sep 22, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding PR. I applied July 29th 2021 and haven't any communication. No email or snail mail. Is this normal? My PR included an OWP, so I from what I understand, the OWP is very unlikely to come out before December 2021.

With this in mind, I am trying to figure out if there is any way to expedite a work visa in case a Canadian company is interested in hiring me. I read about LMIA and Global Talent Stream but I'm not entirely sure 1. how fast these options are, 2. who files the forms and 3. who pays the fees.

Would appreciate any help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding PR. I applied July 29th 2021 and haven't any communication. No email or snail mail. Is this normal? My PR included an OWP, so I from what I understand, the OWP is very unlikely to come out before December 2021.

With this in mind, I am trying to figure out if there is any way to expedite a work visa in case a Canadian company is interested in hiring me. I read about LMIA and Global Talent Stream but I'm not entirely sure 1. how fast these options are, 2. who files the forms and 3. who pays the fees.

Would appreciate any help!
OWP are taking around 6 months these days. Canadian company would pay all the fees.

cako

Sep 22, 2021
Thank you for your help. Do you think it's normal to not have received any AOR or communication in the 2 months since applying via mail?