+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit question - weak case.

Talantov

Jul 21, 2020
Hi all! Maybe this forum may give me a word of advice. I really hope.

I received a positive LMIA+-JO (2232 - Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians) from an employer for 3 years in Quebec. I would like to clarify how it would be more correct to apply for WP in order not to get a visa refusal.

My background:

1. I have been living in common-law relationship for more than 5 years. No kids. My partner wants to travel with me to Canada.

2. I have an official full-time job correlating with LMIA and JO. 5 years of experience.

3. Have no travel history at all.

4. Education overlaps with NOC from LMIA; previously made a WES evaluation.

5. Valid IELTS certificate: 8 overall

6. Have property in the country of origin.

7. Mother is a lonely pensioner.

8. The blood brother, PR, lives in the same province where I plan to work.

8. It is possible to get a letter from my current employer stating that they will accept me back upon my return from Canada.

Partner's background:

1. No travel history.

2. No official job for more than two years.

3. No property.

4. No IELTS

5. Mother is a lonely pensioner. She has no blood siblings.

Based on the above, I would like to hear your opinion: how best to go?

1. Get married before applying for the WP and apply as a family, indicating that the newly-made spouse applies for the OWP. - (I am afraid that there will be a refusal due to the lack of my travel history and a very weak connection with the partner's homeland)

2. Again, get married, but indicate that the spouse is not traveling with me and go to Canada alone - on the one hand, this will add me extra connection with the homeland, but the big question is how can I then pull my spouse out of the country of origin with such a background?

Thanks in advance for your help.