+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit question; pls assist experts!

reginaphilange

Feb 27, 2012
Hi. Im applying for a work permit. It asks if I've lived anywhere in past 5 yrs. I had a study permit for canada previously, studied one semester, started the second, the second semester was difficult, as moved to different area then and travel and time etc was a bit much. withdrew from second semester after a few days/weeks. decided to continue on *following* semester (after 2nd), but during this time decided to go back home and decide. left canada 4 months after withdrawing from second semester.
2 questions- will this affect work permit application - and - what are the dates I input of being a student -are they the entire dates i was in canada or the dates of just being enroled in studies. at all times, my permit was valid. do you think i need to provide anything to prove any of this?
please assist, thank you.

terry2011

Dec 21, 2011
As far as I know to apply for a work permit you have to present the diploma, certificate, or other that you have achieved with your studies, in case you have not gotten yet because the graduation hasnt taken place, the University or insitutions has to provide a document where states that you have finished and achieved the studies, just saying that you have study in certain times it does not work.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Dates you were in Canada (whether as a student having a bad time with the studies or a student having a good time not studying :)) Your study permit and your passport would prove this, i.e. if your passport got stamped upon your arrival to your home country.

reginaphilange said:
Hi. Im applying for a work permit. It asks if I've lived anywhere in past 5 yrs. I had a study permit for canada previously, studied one semester, started the second, the second semester was difficult, as moved to different area then and travel and time etc was a bit much. withdrew from second semester after a few days/weeks. decided to continue on *following* semester (after 2nd), but during this time decided to go back home and decide. left canada 4 months after withdrawing from second semester.
2 questions- will this affect work permit application - and - what are the dates I input of being a student -are they the entire dates i was in canada or the dates of just being enroled in studies. at all times, my permit was valid. do you think i need to provide anything to prove any of this?
please assist, thank you.