+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit processing time

Sara_mp

May 15, 2018
Hi,
I applied for an open work permit as a spouse of a PR. They received it on March 9th 2018, but I’ve yet to receive any response. Does anyone know if there are delays?
I’Ve contacted CIC and they’ve been less than helpful. Our lawyer has yet to come back to us. Standard processing time when I applied was 5 weeks, when I called the immigration line they said 45 days...still waiting 60+ days later. Any help/advice would be much appreciated

RonaBella

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Hi,
I applied for an open work permit as a spouse of a PR. They received it on March 9th 2018, but I’ve yet to receive any response. Does anyone know if there are delays?
I’Ve contacted CIC and they’ve been less than helpful. Our lawyer has yet to come back to us. Standard processing time when I applied was 5 weeks, when I called the immigration line they said 45 days...still waiting 60+ days later. Any help/advice would be much appreciated
Same thing happened to me but I am a common law partner of a skilled worker under NOC B. Processing time was 8 weeks as per my country (Phils) but I got my MR only after 12 weeks! I had to email CIC for follow up before they have sent me the MR. I have done and passed medical last May 10. Just waiting now for approval :)

Try to send them an email to follow up. It will come, just be patient. :)