+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit processing time

eddy19

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
I applied from within Canada for a work extension on June 5th, I got a decision on August 18th.
My lawyer said. we applied for WP to cic but they considered you in PR so they will provide me the IT in few days.

is this true ? since 2 weeks i cant get access to my ECAS too.

Vjkumar822

Jul 24, 2017
Hi everyone ,

I applied for temporary work permit for Canada through immigration lawyers in Canada .

The application was submitted online thro CIC on 12 dec 2016 and they also sent me an application number stating with W************.

Can anyone please let me know how long it will take to process the application and my residing country is India.

LMIA RECEIVED : 2 DEC 2016
WORK PERMIT APPLICATION SUBMITTED ONLINE : 12 DEC 2016
Hello dear you receive your visa and long its take. Because i am also waiting from 18 april 2017.till now no update.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hi ,
when sending temporary worker application did you need to provide proof of an ielts english test and what about proof funds is that also required?

pkpatel1411

Sep 11, 2017
Montreal,Canada
Category........
QSW
Hi guys,
I have applied for Spouse open work permit on July 15th online and She also did her medical on Aug 12th and also we uploaded the medical in IRCC Webform and I am guessing our visa office is New Delhi since then there is no update at all not even her medical is not updated in the application area. I hope to hear suggestion from seniors in this group.:)

KARVENKA

Apr 3, 2017
Hi guys,
I have applied for Spouse open work permit on July 15th online and She also did her medical on Aug 12th and also we uploaded the medical in IRCC Webform and I am guessing our visa office is New Delhi since then there is no update at all not even her medical is not updated in the application area. I hope to hear suggestion from seniors in this group.:)
Based on the updates I have been following in the forum seems IRCC is still processing application from last week of June . So you will probably need to wait a couple of more weeks

Sep 20, 2017
Finally I got passport request last day
For your information I applied from iran
I applied for work permit 21 March with LMIA

Thanks
NOC :
1123 - Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
British columbia

I am from India. and I have the same profile as you have ( Professional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations ). I have 7+ years of experience and working in Indian company as Manager/CEO level. Can you guide me what should i do to get LMIA? I have a client who agree to do this process. but don't know how to proceed. As he said in this occupation (rofessional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations may easily get local. So tough to get LMIA approval. But, we can try.

Did you take IELTS? How much scores required?

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks
Darhan

sk47458

Aug 1, 2017
Hi i have applied for my workpermit on Sept first week in canada by a lawyer but i reside in India . Any idea wer will my application be processed and has any one who has applied on that frame has got their work permit . Please do message me what are the steps pending for me to enter Canada and join my job there .

Ahora

Aug 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
I am from India. and I have the same profile as you have ( Professional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations ). I have 7+ years of experience and working in Indian company as Manager/CEO level. Can you guide me what should i do to get LMIA? I have a client who agree to do this process. but don't know how to proceed. As he said in this occupation (rofessional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations may easily get local. So tough to get LMIA approval. But, we can try.

Did you take IELTS? How much scores required?

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks
Darhan
Do u have valid Job offer from Canadian employer?
If yes u should hire an professional representative inside Canada to do that and get all paper and information from your company that like hire you.
let me know if you are interested help you to find someone.

moumenmyousri

Oct 3, 2017
My company applied for ICT OWP on 7th august online. Status updated on 26 September. Nothing afterwards. Anyone have any idea if that mean that the background check is finished or the change in statis is not an indication for anything?

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi i have applied for my workpermit on Sept first week in canada by a lawyer but i reside in India . Any idea wer will my application be processed and has any one who has applied on that frame has got their work permit . Please do message me what are the steps pending for me to enter Canada and join my job there .
@sk47458 - Hi Brother....Even my lawyer from Canada has applied for my Work Permit Online on 02nd Sept...I am yet to receive an update...Can you please share me your contact details so we can be in touch and update each other on the status of the application.

Apr 27, 2011
Hi. I have also applied in the same time frame. Please share details at maheshgandhi2@gmail.com

Jass143

Oct 17, 2017
Hi guys, my lmia got approved and i applied for my work permit on 11aug(inside Canada) . I am yet to receive my answer. Could i get my work permit for sure or anyone got there WP who applied jn the same time frame. Thanks

Last edited: