+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Processing for 4 Months now

Afterglow

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hello everyone! I just want to know if there is anyone here who has applied for Work Permit on March 2023 or has applied previously and have not received their Work Permit after months of waiting. Bio and Medical completed. While Review and Background still in progress since April 2023. It's been so long and I am very anxious. My employer needs me urgently and she is expecting me to start on September 2023 which is 6-7 weeks from now. But I have not received any result yet.

VO - Singapore. Current processing time: 24 weeks. I am currently at 19 weeks.

What should I do next? I tried to reach out through MP inquiry but since I am outland, I think they cannot do anything but I have not received any response from them too.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone! I just want to know if there is anyone here who has applied for Work Permit on March 2023 or has applied previously and have not received their Work Permit after months of waiting. Bio and Medical completed. While Review and Background still in progress since April 2023. It's been so long and I am very anxious. My employer needs me urgently and she is expecting me to start on September 2023 which is 6-7 weeks from now. But I have not received any result yet.

What should I do next? I tried to reach out through MP inquiry but since I am outland, I think they cannot do anything but I have not received any response from them too.
MPs cannot influence processing times. Even if you were inland, they would not be able to do this.

You can send a webform to IRCC. However IRCC won't speed up processing because of the webform and ultimately there is nothing you can do but wait. Right now you are still under the posted processing time so it is reasonable to expect you will be waiting another few weeks for a response.

Good luck and I hope it's positive.

Ram thapa

May 11, 2023

Its 9 mnths since i did biometric and still no sign